Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Asylum /Old Skool - Over a Million Views

• 10-03-2011 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=268391

I was the first to reply to this all those years ago and it's amazing to see this is still going strong,many thought this thread would just fade away but that hasn't been the case at all, just goes to show how much the music and scene in general meant and still means to us, well done to everyone involved and here's to another million. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

new tunes come and go jonny, but real classics stand the test of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Nice 1 Johnny , and spot on Es!!

As our stablemate "Key" once said "not bad for a place some considered full of drug dealers,junkies & scumbags" ...... the advent of "dance music" and "the rave scene" was our woodstock moment.

To the purists who cry foul of music not using traditional guitars,drums n lead vocalist's ala U2 *spits* and the like, I say "Boll.ox" ....our instrument is 2turntables & a mixer (ok some of us can play them better than others :o)

I want to give a nod of thanks to guys like yourselves who have kept this thread up to date AND to guys like Caf, Francois, Jay Carey who have continued to support the thread and the music, they were our pioneers and to have them around today to share the thread is great.

To everyone of us who "never lost their hardcore" a massive RESPECT!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

deadly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

"I Just Like To Run With My head In The Clouds" Here's to the next mill folkes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Ah thats 1 in a million...lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ROCKY MANGAN

aceberg wrote: »
    Ah thats 1 in a million...lol :D
    kilmeaden.........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

Great to see it Jonny and long may it continue!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

The place left a lasting impression in us all, the good old days. :):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭a148pro

DUB33 wrote: »
    "I Just Like To Run With My head In The Clouds" Here's to the next mill folkes :D

so that's what she says!

I thought it was 'I can fly to love with my head in the clouds'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

jonnny68 wrote: »
    That was ment for You Jonny my ol Pal as i knew you'd kno wat i ment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

well done all, you's pretty much invented sessions.

Advertisement