Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circus on headford road

Options
  • 10-03-2011 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Heard this is on now beside gort.
    For anyone who has been to it is it any good?
    How much is it in?
    Whens it running until?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

It's a pity that this circus uses non-domesticated animals such as lions and tigers because judging by the photos it looks like a good production. It should be illegal in this day and age. There's no need for it really imo. It's archaic at the very least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Galmar

I went last night and it was really good. This circus had tigers, zebras, camels and horses and felt like a proper circus. After the circus we went out to see the animals, even got to see the tigers being fed. We really had a great night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

It's a pity that this circus uses non-domesticated animals such as lions and tigers

If I want to see a domesticated cat I can go into my ould wans kitchen.
    I wouldn't pay to see it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

mikom wrote: »
    If I want to see a domesticated cat I can go into my ould wans kitchen.
    I wouldn't pay to see it though.
    So do you think its Ok to keep large animals in captivity like this. It's clearly cruel and not in the animals best interests. Why can't they have the circus without these animals or would that ruin the "Fun"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭mrsweebri

I went on Wednesday. Someone gave us free tickets. It was a great show but I did feel a bit uncomfortable when they brought out the zebra, llamas and tigers. Something not right - not with the training particularly, the guys were obviously talented trainers and seemed to love animals, but it just felt wrong for them to be in such a confined space. Nevertheless the chinese tumblers were great and the rest of the show was great - it would have been a fine circus without the animals at all.

So do you think its Ok to keep large animals in captivity like this. It's clearly cruel and not in the animals best interests. Why can't they have the circus without these animals or would that ruin the "Fun"

Here..... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=240

mrsweebri wrote: »
    Nevertheless the chinese tumblers were great and the rest of the show was great

It's a pity that this circus uses non-domesticated chinese tumblers such as Master Lee and Madame Li because judging by the photos it looks like a good production. It should be illegal in this day and age. There's no need for it really imo. It's archaic at the very least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭mrsweebri

hehe poor wording. My bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Is there crocodiles at it anymore? Remember when I was younger they had them but wouldn't use them for the show. I suppose they aren't domesticated though.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

Galmar wrote: »
    I went last night and it was really good. This circus had tigers, zebras, camels and horses and felt like a proper circus. After the circus we went out to see the animals, even got to see the tigers being fed. We really had a great night out.

blatant ringmaster post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

Was at it yeasterday, someone bought my son tickets for his birthday.
    It was ok, my 3 year old loved it thought the tumblers were great, tbh I felt uncomfortable when the animals came out esp the tigers, it just didn't seem right.
    My review would be great for kids but a bit meh for adults.
    It's on til sunday, prices vary depending on where you want to sit.

Is there crocodiles at it anymore? Remember when I was younger they had them but wouldn't use them for the show. I suppose they aren't domesticated though.

They just use a piece of string to pull around a log with a LaCoste polo shirt on instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

Oh and if you do decide to go wear an extra pair of socks and a coat, twas freezing. I thought my toes were going to drop off near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Good old Galway. Lion Teasers & Tiger Torturers find it really difficult to make a living in the civilised world but there is always Ireland. Good for kids to see how to ill treat an animal - sets them up nicely for the future.

It's amazing that the kids here are so ill informed/educated that they can't see the cruelty never mind the parents. Or maybe they see it & enjoy it - bring on the Bull Baiting.

Well Bull baiting would make Galway more interesting.

Could you make do with Badger baiting as that is probably still going on somewhere near Galway ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Discodog wrote: »
    Good old Galway. Lion Teasers & Tiger Torturers find it really difficult to make a living in the civilised world but there is always Ireland. Good for kids to see how to ill treat an animal - sets them up nicely for the future.

It's amazing that the kids here are so ill informed/educated that they can't see the cruelty never mind the parents. Or maybe they see it & enjoy it - bring on the Bull Baiting.

You should read Life of Pi. It eliminated any reservations I had on zoos or circuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i heard brian cowen is one of the clowns in the circus

ElBiffoTheClowensmall.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Circuses, especially those that use large animals, are an anachronism that have no place in the 21st century. Shame on people for taking their children to see lions and tigers being abused.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Circuses, especially those that use large animals, are an anachronism that have no place in the 21st century. Shame on people for taking their children to see lions and tigers being abused.:(
    There were no lions at the circus. My 6 year old liked the dogs best. Do you object to their inclusion too?

• Advertisement

You should read Life of Pi. It eliminated any reservations I had on zoos or circuses.

You should look at the hundreds of videos & pages of evidence that show the real life of a Circus animal.

There were no lions at the circus. My 6 year old liked the dogs best. Do you object to their inclusion too?

Dogs are domestic animals - totally different. Duffy's have Lions, Tigers & Zebra. Take a look here & scroll down.

http://www.duffyscircus.com/theshow.asp

When the big cats are in the ring it's the biggest area that they get to move in before being put back into the transport cells.

If you had seen a Lion, Tiger or Zebra would you of explained the cruelty or left it for your child to discover later at school ?. Out of a typical class there will be some children who will know that it is wrong. Or will you say that cruelty is an acceptable form of entertainment ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

The circus shouldn't be allowed there.

There is no car park so everybody has to park illegally on the paths and then you have a rush of people crossing the dual carriageway afterwards. Throw in a few protesters and the place gets completely jammed.

Advertisement