Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

edision argus mini 2in1 ip recording problem

• 10-03-2011 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I have just bought the Edision argus mini 2in 1 ip. I'm very pleased with it but I bought it under the impression that I could watch a DTT while recording a Satellite program and vice versa. However it wont let me do this. I downloaded the latest software from the Edision site but that made no difference. I wonder is anyone familiar with this problem and has a solution ?
    Thanks in advance,
    Ray

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Hi Rayob,

The software to allow viewing/recording across platforms has not been released yet.

It's very overdue at this stage and I have to say that despite being a good box to use, the ongoing development and support from the manufacturer could be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rayob

Thanks for that info Ger, I guess I'll just have to wait until they release the firmware. Its a fine machine, but as you say its difficult to get any information or updates as to whats happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Maybe we spoke too soon -

There seems to be a software update released on the official site today.
    No indication as to what it does yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

unfortunately still no cross platform recording/viewing with latest firmware.
    Just new options in main menu for weather forecast and rss reader. also an option to remove usb device safely.
    The wait continues.......

I installed that software yesterday. Just seems to be small changes to the menu. A weather forecast option seems to be new. Tried it and just got the message 'Server not Found' Some other slight changes in the menu options but still no way of watching BBC while recording RTE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ollielaroo

I'm hoping to buy the 'Edision Argus mini 2in1 IP', it seems to be a very good box.

The main reason I want this box is because like you Rayob and so many other people I want to be able to watch a DTT channel while recording a Satellite channel and vice versa. I've been in touch with the guys at tvtrade.ie about this and all they had to say was it was never released :confused:
    It's been a year now since the firmware upgrade was supposed to by released. I cannot understand this delay.

To be able to watch a DTT channel while recording a Satellite channel and vice versa would be a huge advantage, I imagine Edision and agents in this country would sell a lot more of these boxes in the next year considering the planned switch-off of the analogue terrestrial broadcasting.

How long are we supposed to wait?
    Does any one speak german or know anyone who could email Edision about this?

The Edision is a fine box indeed, but definitely one of the reasons I got it was the promise of being able to record across platforms. As you say its over a year and nothing happening and almost impossible to get any information on their site, everything in German. Probably a bit excessive I know, but I have just ordered a Humax freesat HDR and will link the two boxes and have everything I need then, recording and our own channels on the Edision

Advertisement