Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reiki Points Question

• 10-03-2011 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,
    Today I had my first session of reiki and I really enjoyed it and found it pretty relaxing.
    During the session, I had a very uncomfortable hot throbbing feeling radiating from my right temple down my cheekbone that lasted for about half the hour long session. I started as something that was like an itch and then got more and more intense and then eased off towards the end.

The practitioner was unable to tell me what exactly it meant. Does anybody know what that particular point or sensation might mean?

She also mentioned that she felt a coldness in my lower right abdomen but I've never had my appendix removed or any problems with that area. Could anybody direct me as to what this might mean?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Everyone will experience a healing differently. If you do decide to go for a reiki session, whether with that practitioner, or another, I would encourage you to let them know if something is uncomfortable. My instinct is that as you are not used to the energy, and were quite open, you were feeling the energy coming down through the crown chakra. Just because a practitioner felt coolness in one area does not have to be a physical cause. Without knowing you etc, it would be hard to say with absolute certainty, but we all carry our emotions in our bodies, so perhaps it was more an emotional reason, rather than physical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 isitme

I went to a lady in the Reiki Centre after Xmas. I was amazed by the whole thing. Never went for a Reiki Session before, didn't know what to expect. I had been stressed at work and my girlfriend recommended I go...

Throughout the session I had the maddest sensation of energy flowing through me. At one stage I felt what I can only describe as an explosion in my stomach..

Afterwards she was able to tell me about my shoulder which I've always had problems with. She was able to tell I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. And this is something that doesnt even involve touch!!! I don't know how it works but it does.

I wonder does your experience differ from practitioner to practitioner? She was amazing though.

Advertisement