Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Lights For Our Local Park

• 10-03-2011 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, I Was Wondering If Any Of You's Happen To Know Of A Few Place's Where I Can Find Price's For Street Lights. As I Am Involved In A Local Community Group And We Are Currently Looking Into Getting Lights For Our Local Park As It Has No Lights And Is Dangerous At Night.
    We Are In Dublin (Blanchardstown) And Are Going To Contact Our Local Councillour's To Tell Them About Our Idea's But We Want Information On Price's And See If We Can Do Anthing To Raise Some Money For Them But We Need Some Price's First, Any Help In Finding Such Sites Would Be Very Helpfull Thanks In Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Ring a local authority and ask to speak to an area engineer. They usually have uptodate prices on all street furniture and all you need is the web site etc. If you dont get a helpful area engineer after a couple of trys get back to me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

One of the expensive and inconvenient aspects of this is the underground cabling that has to be put in. I'm working on developing a system using solar and LEDs.

There are lots of these out there, but ours includes some intelligence to reduce power consumption (solar and street lighting are an odd mix as you need more power when you have least available, but you can reduce this effect by having the panel at about 75degree pitch), dimming when not required etc.

I think in your situation it might be a cheaper option. PM me if you want more info on this. In selling the idea to the council, it might also be a showcase for use of renewable energy. :)

Advertisement