Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awkward Situation

Options
  • 10-03-2011 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

So guys looking for a bit of advice, here's the story. Booked a tattoo a month ago, a fairly big piece. Went in 2 weeks ago and got the outline done and booked the next session for yesterday. Had forwarded the artist pictures of the healed up outline on Sunday via email. Anyway went in yesterday for the next session and was told that the artist wasn't in and that they tried ringing me ( lies, because I had no missed calls or voice mails, I'd say they just lost my file). Anyway they said they hoped he would be in today but that they would contact me and let me know the story today. So anyway got a very blunt voice mail today saying that the artist who was working on my tattoo had left the business due to personal reasons , and that there would be a new artist arriving and they would reschedule once they had arrived.

So thats the story thus far, and to be honest I'm raging. First off the cheek to never cancel the appointment yesterday, secondly I have no idea where the artist who started my piece is gone all I know is that he can't finish it. Thirdly the cheek of just assuming I'll gladly let some randomer "new artist" finish is quite frankly insulting. Really not sure what to do now.......:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I suggest going in and asking for the manager, have a chat, outline your concerns and frustration at their actions and take it from there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

bad situation alright considering the outline is done. It might (will) be awkward but I'd ask the shop to give you contact details for the original artist (email address maybe )or even ask if they can arrange for the original guy to finish out some notice in the shop. You're probably not the only person half way into one of his jobs.

Depending on the amount of detail and or freehand required I wouldn't fancy letting another artist continue the first guys work as he'll probably have a completely different concept of what the piece is going to look like. It depends on the kind of tattoo you're getting though. Without knowing the circumstances of the fall out it's hard to "blame" either the shop or the artist but if both are professional then they should show you some responsibility. Really both should do what they can to accommodate you.

If worse comes to worst and you're not happy with the replacement artist in the shop then go somewhere else to someone with a great portfolio in the style you want.

Advertisement