Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please read mod warning post 31352

Options
  • 10-03-2011 9:44pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If it's that bloody important put yer bloomin' warnin' in post fecking one wha.

That is all.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

It's a test.

You either pass, or fail.

No do-overs, no repeats, no mulligans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

That is all.

If it's that bloody important, put it in the charter Ffs. No need for the silly mod warning sh**e tbh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

IITYWYBMAD wrote: »
    If it's that bloody important, put it in the charter Ffs. No need for the silly mod warning sh**e tbh.

People ignore charters, and well you know it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

If it's that important, post the context instead of just 'mod warning' :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Have you seen the fucking size of the charter? If it got tattooed on your face it'd reach your ankles in post 5.
    If it's not in the charter it gets put in by the time we put in a mod warning on a thread. The rules being enforced are nearly always in the charter. I could start a thread in AH now about a nice fart I just had and more people would view it than viewed that charter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Aw.. Doc needz a hug :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

If it's important, close the thread, and randomly ban people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

Have you seen the fucking size of the charter? If it got tattooed on your face it'd reach your ankles in post 5.
    If it's not in the charter it gets put in by the time we put in a mod warning on a thread. The rules being enforced are nearly always in the charter. I could start a thread in AH now about a nice fart I just had and more people would view it than viewed that charter.

All the mods should have "hot local girls" in their charters...LIAR....:D

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Quit yapping about charters and tell us more about this fart for fecks sake.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

For srs, I got your back dr.bollockbro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

See warning in post one(updated 6/6/11)

Is the way it should be done imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

Have you seen the fucking size of the charter? .....
    Nah..Don't read them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Perhaps you should have posted this in the Mod forum Dr. B.
    More mods would have seen it....
    *cough*
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Makes sense to me. Half the time you have to flick through about 50 pages to find the bloody warning.

By which time, you have forgotten what the thread was even about.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I haven't even fully read the AH charter and I mod there, more just skimmed over it.
    The golden rule of "don't be a dick" is best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭clln

How about a member warning?
    delay the members post by five minutes to warn people an annoying member is about to post?
    i would top the list of 'members to be wary of':D

another function that would be great is to be able to ban yourself before you go for a drink.
    two settings:

12 hour self ban if i am going local.
    24 hour self ban if i'm feeling lucky but get rejected on a night on the tiles and log on to take it out on totally innocent boards members!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I love it when the doc gets all forceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

you should see what happens when he puts on a rubber glove

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

That is all.

They may all be slandering your character dr.bollocko - but I agree with you completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,205 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

stovelid wrote: »
    I love it when the doc gets all forceful.
    Rabies wrote: »
    you should see what happens when he puts on a rubber glove
    not mutually exclusive!

:|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I think it's unfair of dr b to put his warning in post 31352 when we're only on post 22.

Advertisement