Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance costs

Options
  • 10-03-2011 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi

I have a query. I came back to Ireland in 2007 and didnt buy a car. In 2010 I inherited my dads old car (2002, 1.3 L petrol).

I insured it last year for 950euro - but have been quoted 1050 euro this year (including a reduction of 250 as a NCB).

THis seems really expensive? Have car insuranaces rates increased so much (950 to 1300 in the space of a year).

note: I dont have a full Irish licence yet - still have my north american one. Hoping to do my Irish test in May. I am late 30's.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Simple, take out a phone book and ring other insurence companys for a quote.
    My insurence last year was 600 and went up to 950. Got onto another company and gave me it for 650.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 24,502 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

yeah, I've heard insurance will rise up to 30% this year...

Advertisement