Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy Landlord

Options
  • 10-03-2011 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

I just moved house due to a vast array of problems with the last property namely
    huge leak in the ceiling from bathroom into sitting room
    no heating and LL did nothing to fix it
    broken bath tub
    rotten window frames that let cold in
    plumbing under sink kept falling off
    filthy carpets
    mould on carpets in hotpress leading to musty smell when hot water in tank
    mice and lots of them in between floors
    gas fire never worked
    I cant even type about the kitchen makes me want to vomit thinking about it

anyway my issue is within days of me moving and after numerous attempts to get LL to fix issues which he didnt i now see that this shamble of a property is now to let on daft with no less than 7 agents which infuriates me as some unsuspecting individual will rent it due to it being in a nice area and will be unaware of these issues until they start to live in the place by which time it will be too late as lease will be signed and deposit handed over and the LL gets quite aggressive if you voice complaints, so what do i do - sit back do nothing as im out of the hell hole so its now not my problem, email the letting agents and point out the issues i had with the place and LL, post all the ads here to warn prospective tenants :D this is my favourite, report to PRTB (which I already did and nothing happened same situation with Threshold so Im only throwing that in for good measure)
    it just makes me mad that this money hungry SOB is doing this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭not even wrong

You could report him to your local authority, they're the ones in charge of enforcing minimum housing standards.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/repairs_maintenance_and_minimum_physical_standards.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

You could try contacting threshold and see if they can give you any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

i did contact threshold they said that they didnt want to get involved as they may make the matter worse :confused: dont know how but i dont want to be involved anymore with it just stop him from doing the same to others :o

just emailed the council thanks for the link fingers crossed they can help :-D

You could report him to your local authority, they're the ones in charge of enforcing minimum housing standards.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/repairs_maintenance_and_minimum_physical_standards.html

thank you thank you thank you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

Could you post a link to the property on daft?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

_oveless wrote: »
    Could you post a link to the property on daft?

Yes, I too would like to see this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

property is now to let on daft with no less than 7 agents which infuriates me as some unsuspecting individual will rent it due to it being in a nice area and will be unaware of these issues until they start to live in the place by which time it will be too late as lease will be signed and deposit handed over

Anyone who would sign a lease and hand over a deposit and month's rent without seeing the place deserves whatever they get, really. If they check the place out they'll see it's a kip.

But yes, report him, the place sounds unfit for human habitation.

thats the problem you wont see its a kip until you move in
    he plastered the ceiling up early on in our lease
    the pipes under the sink who looks there and checks to see if they wobble
    do you ask for the heating to be turned on when viewing a place to see if it works
    and the mouldy carpet in the hot press you dont notice as its very dark carpet and it only smells when the water in the tank is hot
    as for the mice they come out at night time thats when rodents are active
    and the bath again do you ask for it to be filled up when viewing
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:
    so no a person doesnt get what they deserve when they go view this place
    and as for the aggression of the LL you dont see that either on a viewing as its the agents you deal with not him its only when things need fixing that the attitude starts from him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

edellc wrote: »
    thats the problem you wont see its a kip until you move in
    he plastered the ceiling up early on in our lease
    the pipes under the sink who looks there and checks to see if they wobble
    do you ask for the heating to be turned on when viewing a place to see if it works
    and the mouldy carpet in the hot press you dont notice as its very dark carpet and it only smells when the water in the tank is hot
    as for the mice they come out at night time thats when rodents are active
    and the bath again do you ask for it to be filled up when viewing
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:
    so no a person doesnt get what they deserve when they go view this place
    and as for the aggression of the LL you dont see that either on a viewing as its the agents you deal with not him its only when things need fixing that the attitude starts from him

So please post the ad in question so people can steer clear!

im not posting the advert as i checked with mods and they recommended that i dont so sorry about that folks but i did report it to dublin city council :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

edellc wrote: »
    im not posting the advert as i checked with mods and they recommended that i dont so sorry about that folks but i did report it to dublin city council :D

If you don't mind, do you have any contact number? Or in what section of the DCC website can I find contact details? Thanks :)

Advertisement