Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bay View Hotel completely closed

Options
  • 10-03-2011 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭

The hotel closed about five weeks ago, overnight. I'm not sure I should go into the ins and outs of why here, but I'm sure most people are aware. Suffice to say, it was very sudden and without notice to staff.
    However the leisure centre end of it had been kept open, but it was shut down last week. Leaving people with membership and those who had paid for swimming lessons, where?
    Not to mention the loss for the staff. The Bay View was a landmark hotel in the 70's, it's very hard for the older generation to see it closed up when Killybegs was such a booming town with so much money coming into it.

How times change.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

ESB cut off the power on Monday. This in turn disabled O2's mast on top of hotel.

Advertisement