Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temping quandary

Options
  • 10-03-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

Hubby and I are hoping to start trying for a family very soon, so I thought I'd start getting to grip with my cycles/ovulation etc.

Everything keeps pointing me towards charting my temps, but this is where my dilemma is.

I currently take meds whereby I can't eat or drink within an hour of taking them..and because I'm a screaming banshee if I'm without coffee as soon as possible after I wake up I'm in a routine whereby I have a 'pill' alarm set for an hour before I need to get up...when this alarm goes off, I reach for my pills and the glass of water, swallow and go straight back to sleep. Been doing it so long I can almost do it on auto-pilot without fully waking up, and its a system that suits me and my medication.

But, from all I've read on temp charting, I understand that for the most accurate BBT reading I need to take my temp the first time I wake (ie to take my pills)...but I don't want to fully wake then, which I would do if I then had to stick a thermometer in my mouth and note down the reading, before taking my pills & water?

Any ideas? Or alternative suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Rockys Lover

Hi pill popper

My thermometer stores the last taken temp (only cost €15) so I don't have to write down the temp straight away. My husband usually is up well before me in the morning so I pop in the thermometer then, a small beep goes off after 2 mins (when temp is taken), I take it out, leave on my pillow and am usually asleep again straight away. When I get up myself later on I write down the details.

Hope this helps

Advertisement