Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiger Woods 12 The Masters

Options
  • 10-03-2011 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

i downloaded the demo yesterday and played a few rounds , tbh it just seems the same as the last two titles which in my opinion have been getting steadily worse , the multi player from 11 was just plain crazy , ie you could not view opponents stats , also if you set up a game to play a friend and another player jumped in you had no option to kick him .
    ive bought every Tiger from as far back as i can remember and always waited in anticipation for the next release , just this time after playing the demo it just feels meh ,
    has anyone else played the demo or thinking of buying the game , id really like to hear some views on this release.
    cheers all the best.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I buy Tiger Woods games on a two year rotation basis, have done since 2002, therefor:

2004, 06, 08, 10, 12 The Masters. So ill be buying it this year.

I find there are not enough features that change year by year, but every two years and you get a good balance, although I did rent last year to play the Ryder Cup. My 2 year rotation plan has been working out well so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I buy Tiger Woods games on a two year rotation basis, have done since 2002, therefor:

2004, 06, 08, 10, 12 The Masters. So ill be buying it this year.

I find there are not enough features that change year by year, but every two years and you get a good balance, although I did rent last year to play the Ryder Cup. My 2 year rotation plan has been working out well so far.

ah so you missed the bug ridden lump of poo that was tiger 11 multi player , not joking mickey it was terrible . big drama searching for set up games , i always seemed to be chucked in to level 38s or level 1s it was very frustrating for me , i got to a level 22 then just packed it in as it was far too annoying , i might rent this year before i buy , add my xbox tag and we"ll hook up for a few rounds when it drops if ya like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Wasn't overly impressed by it, I can see the whole caddy expierence wearing off very quickly.

Wasn't overly impressed by it, I can see the whole caddy expierence wearing off very quickly.

exactly what i was thinking , i was even looking for an option to turn the time waster off , the thing is when all the "new" features wear off im afraid ill just be stuck with a reboxed tiger 11.

I did enjoy TW11. However once I completedly all those challenges, there was nothing left to do, I actually never bothered with the ryder cup, brutal. Online was a disaster as well.

It is a repackaged version, I noticed all the beeps when you select something in the menus are the same as last year. I know its not big issue, but I imagine a lot of the game will be exactly the same from last year.

Also surprised no Kinect support.

• Advertisement

Another thing I noticed that the caddy does not take wind into consideration. Once you pick one of his choices, you can't turn to move against the wind. Annoying.

Custom shot everytime.

Another thing I noticed that the caddy does not take wind into consideration. Once you pick one of his choices, you can't turn to move against the wind. Annoying.

Custom shot everytime.
    i feel these are just pointless additions for the new to the series player, to try make up for the loyal tiger players who left in there droves , the players that said were not going to be ripped off anymore ,
    i mean EA have been promising a dedicated server for multi player since tiger 08:mad:
    its gone beyond a joke with the tiger series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭DY2011

almanu wrote: »
    i feel these are just pointless additions for the new to the series player, to try make up for the loyal tiger players who left in there droves , the players that said were not going to be ripped off anymore ,
    i mean EA have been promising a dedicated server for multi player since tiger 08:mad:
    its gone beyond a joke with the tiger series.

I agree with this,EA just care about the FIFA fanbase i think..its not on.. you start tiger woods and you should hear 'EA SPORTS...It was already in the game' lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mccarrd2

Tiger Woods is a fantastic multi player game. 4 lads in a room, a few cans, a bit of a wager. Great fun for all ages. The one player game is ok, but once youve finished all the scenarios its more or less over as a one player game, find it hard to get into the Online play. The option to save a game mid round is a long overdue addition. I'll buy it again as always.

Anyone buy it yet? Any comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I have it, it's pretty frustrating but addictive.

I'd say it'll be good once I get better at it.

The putting is ridic annoying, but again, once my golfer's stats improve I might be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I bought it today so I've just played a few hours on it, but I have to say it's quite good so far.

I usually find TW far too easy, even on the most difficult setting, but it does seem more challenging this year.

if anyone is having there arse handed to them online can i suggest getting one of these http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9240115.htm

these have been used online since tiger 08 and before that it was the Hori , dont flame me here lads its not cheating and im just trying to help people out here:D

if your playing anyone over a level one , you can be sure there using one of these , there available for ps3 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Thats just for putting on spin?

Drakar wrote: »
    Thats just for putting on spin?

its stops you slicing and shanking , i used it on tiger 11 and got in to the top 10 for a few months , ended up skill level 28 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I was going to buy this but saw Tiger 11 for a tenner in xtravision, same thing really.

I was going to buy this but saw Tiger 11 for a tenner in xtravision, same thing really.
    multi player lobbys are empty , at least they where last night and today:(

I've an awful amount of grinding to do before I go near a multiplayer game.

I've an awful amount of grinding to do before I go near a multiplayer game.
    lol i hear ya man:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Hardly

I'd say it is, it's a golf game in which you play golf, using the same engine as the previous golf game that came out 12 months earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'd say it is, it's a golf game in which you play golf, using the same engine as the previous golf game that came out 12 months earlier.

You're wrong though.

Hope this helps.

Paying a tenner for 11 was better than paying 50 for 12 considering I hadnt played either. I'm sure 12 is a complete reboot of the golf genre alright, but I'll get the same golf fix out of 11 for now, thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Barlett

Does Move make a massive difference for this or is the normal controller just as enjoyable?

Finally got the game yesterday (work is a b*cth) stuck it on last night when the gf went to bed . thinking to myself ah ill do a few little challenges and go to bed . 7 AM by the time i put it down:D that was just because i stared hearing the birds singing . first impressions are the game is totally different from TW11 (thank f*ck) really getting into it now and cant wait till i get my stats and clubs sorted so i can start spanking players online .

1 down side . in the sp mode when you move courses some you have to buy as dlc. good to see EA are still money grabbing so and so"s:rolleyes:

Yeah the way they build dlc into the season seemed more obvious in its moneygrabbing than previous TWs (essentially you'll find it hard to play the ingame 2012 masters if you dont buy the dlc for the dates before to give you more time to get the appropriate qualifing, forcing you to wait til 2013).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Seen the review of it.

There was a masons thread about EA and dlc with thus game. 250 eu worth of dlc on release. Well atleast some boardsis were defending it with this: it's extra content on top of the game.

Review said, that those dlc courses are actuolly mixed in into carrier. So it will be an eyesore with all this holes in carrier....

They could have dignity to put it as extra, not part of the game... Fecking EA....

Well you can still play the *career* mode without it, but you do have to explicitly tell it each time to skip each dlc event, and the points system seems engineered to make it difficult to attend the first Masters in the calendar unless you've gotten the extra points from the dlc. It may not be a big issue after the first few events (all the goals seem to be getting to 100th in the rankings and it looks like its not too hard after a few events).

Tigerwoodsonline seems to be the same, they had a subscription thing where you paid an amount per year (£35 or something) and that would give you access to all the courses, but now it looks like they are asking you to pay extra for many of them.

It does seem to be a better game than TW11, I'm happy I got it, but I'd be reluctant to buy TW13. It's cured me, yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Seen the review of it.

There was a masons thread about EA and dlc with thus game. 250 eu worth of dlc on release. Well atleast some boardsis were defending it with this: it's extra content on top of the game.

Review said, that those dlc courses are actuolly mixed in into carrier. So it will be an eyesore with all this holes in carrier....

They could have dignity to put it as extra, not part of the game... Fecking EA....

keep in mind that out of the 250 euro worth of dlc the courses are about 40 euro of it the rest is gear that you unlock through career mode anyway

guys if any of you are on the ps3 and want a DLC course (turnberry) pm me and ill give code to you . mix up with the lads in gamestop ,they gave me the ps3 version ,so i emailed them and they sent me the xbox one , first pm first serve ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Totally agree about the caddie never taking wind into consideration, so dumb.

Advertisement