Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost appetite/strange poo

• 11-03-2011 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Our 6 month puppy has gone off his food recently. Just picks at it but doesn't show any signs of being hungry. I suspect that he may have gotten into the compost heap out the back though.
    Today I was walking him and he kept on stopping to poo every few feet without actually doing anything. I've never seen a dog doing that before. It looked uncomfortable. When eventually he did go, it was bright green. Is that unusual?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Sounds like he's constipated to me anyway. The green colour may have been from whatever he had eaten. Any chance he could have eaten any toys or anything like that? It might be best to take him to the vet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

+1 for taking him to the vet, just in case there's an obstruction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

cue wrote: »
    Is that unusual?

Yes, this is unusual. Your dog need to be seen by a vet asap. Make sure to have a look around for anything he could have eaten that would either upset his stomach or cause an obstruction (toys, ropes, clothing etc) and say it to the vet. He could have an inftection or an obstruction but there is no way of knowing without getting him seen by a vet.

Advertisement