Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 or 6 gang extension lead with RCD protection??

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Unless your one of the fish anyway.

I might end up swimming with the fish,if I take any more pics of my girlfriend planting up the tank and getting it right to her standards.:pac::D

I made plenty of cupps of tea tonight,and sat and watched as she worked away on the tank.Its a hard life indeed you know.:D

Still have to buy some fish for this tank,thats the crazy thing.The tank must be left for 1 month with the plants,lights and CO2 working before any fish can be introduced.

I think that the 2 x 4 gang anti surge extension leads and timers should be fine for the aquariam and the various leccy gadgets.

Maybe a UPS is going a tad OTT and is a bit of overkill and money thrown away???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

paddy147 wrote: »
    Still have to buy some fish for this tank,thats the crazy thing.The tank must be left for 1 month with the plants,lights and CO2 working before any fish can be introduced.

Yes especially if putting tropical fish in. Probably best to put the fish into tank while still in the bags of water as well, to let the temp gradually equalise. Better to gradually introduce them to the tank too, a couple of fish at a time. A bit of work keeping the tropical setup going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

how much time do you have-when the heating stops on these tanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Depends on the room temp. The aquarium will probably be 25c or so. If the room was 20 degrees it would take a fair while.

It will have a bit of a running cost to keep it warm in a cool room. Probably be a fair few hundred watts of heating needed for that. 500 watts probably.

M cebee wrote: »
    how much time do you have-when the heating stops on these tanks

Water temp has to be 28 degrees C for the type of plants and fish that are in it and will be in it,in the future.

The heaters are thermostatic and cut out once correct preset temp has been reached and the water holds the temp for a good while before the temp drops back down and the heaters kick back in again.

The tank has 2 x 300 watt heaters in it.

1 watt for 1 litre is the way its done.

The tank is 500 litres so it has 600 watts of heating ability,so its well covered there.:)

Also the reason for 2 heaters,is that if one ever fails,then you have the other heater keeping the water temp up and keeps the fish and plants alive.

It also allows you a few days to go any buy a replacement heater too.

The T5 lights and digital CO2 injection have to be on for at least 10 hours a day,in order for the plants and fish to both survive and also thrive

• Advertisement

Quick pic of the tank,as of this evening and one of the heaters (side of tank).

Dont mind the mess of wires,as we are in the procerss of planting it up yesterday and all today.

100_1241.jpg
    100_1256.jpg

Advertisement