Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing Sky

• 11-03-2011 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

hey

i have a existing dish setup here for fta channels.. if i told sky this would they still have to come out and install their dish? or could i simply get the box and the card sent to me and they can just charge me monthly?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

If you have an existing sky box you can request sky to send you a viewing card, however for €30 you can get a new dish installed, a quad fitted and 2 cables ran for a sky+hd box...so much better to signup as a new customer...

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

i already have the quad and the two cables running in but i dont have a sky box.. can they send me one? i dont just want the ftv card i want the premium stuff

cheers,
    rob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Video wrote: »
    i already have the quad and the two cables running in but i dont have a sky box.. can they send me one? i dont just want the ftv card i want the premium stuff

cheers,
    rob

Usually the charge is the same regardless,best to get the installer out to check cables,dish etc.At least if something goes wrong Sky can't say it's your fault for installing it yourself.

Advertisement