Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Ball 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 likelydropout

Yes but you could argue that people go home because there is nothing to stay up for. If the ball was on after exams i'm sure most people would still go. But then again it could mean an extra week of rent money for some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

The rent was partly what I was talking about. But once exams end, people go their own way with holidays, work, J1s etc. Makes more sense to have it when everybody is there, not a much smaller percentage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

One missed day of study won't make or break anybody.

It could actually be two days of missed study:

1 day of partying,
    1 day with a major hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

You don't have get get a hangover, but obviously plenty will. But anyway, one or two days off in a semester shouldn't make or break you.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

It could actually be two days of missed study:

1 day of partying,
    1 day with a major hangover.
    Drink loads of water and stay hydrated if you value your study days :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Kilduff

I always thought that the UCD Ball should be held the day after the exams officially finish; so something like the 15th May every year. It would make sense because then people wouldn't be missing out on study days.

I don't know about future years but my programme officer told me that the SU looked into having the ball after the exams as an alternative when the original ball was cancelled but the Gardai vetoed it because they wouldn't be able to provide any personnel due to Obama and Her Majesty's visits in May which are using up all their resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Anyone know how the tickets are selling? I've bought mine, but I've heard they're really struggling to sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

kev9100 wrote: »
    Anyone know how the tickets are selling? I've bought mine, but I've heard they're really struggling to sell them.
    I'm not surprised, dunno why anyone would hand over 40 quid when they don't know who's playing, especially after the disaster of a lineup that was initially released.

kev9100 wrote: »
    Got mine today, it is ticket number 1577 if that is anything to go by, then they are not selling very well :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

DL Saint wrote: »
    Got mine today, it is ticket number 1577 if that is anything to go by, then they are not selling very well :eek:

Nope thats pretty awful alright. At this rate, they're either gonna have to have an incredible line-up or they're gonna lose a LOT of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ciaran1986

how do you know who is headlining the ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

There are people already offering tickets below the cost price on the ucdball Facebook page, who now can't go. Methinks this won't sell out.
    ciaran1986 wrote: »
    how do you know who is headlining the ball?

We don't know, they haven't announced it yet. I presume it will be on their website and Facebook page as soon as its finalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ciaran1986

ah ok cause someone said armin van helden is on page 32 if i recall correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

I've heard from a few people involved with Ents that Vanilla Ice will be one of the headliners. Hope they don't know this is me telling you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

DL Saint wrote: »

Apparently they were "sold out" and "selling fast" Honestly, people have to be insane to hand over €40 for an event they know absolutely nothing about.

Ents may as well be a wallet inspector at the main gates.

tumblr_lhxefdih9Q1qz6g9ko1_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

Theres only two and a half days left of term and still no headliners announcement...I'd be very worried if I'd forked out 40e for this to be honest. I cant imagine many tickets well sell past Thursday evening, if they dont announce a headliner very soon this is gonna be an awful mess I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

KangoSkank wrote: »

Are you implying that they are headlining, purely from their tour dates?
    Or are you just sharing your taste in music?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Seen the lineup, they're the 2 biggest names i can remember from it. It's decent

Fair enough. So they the headliners?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Seen the lineup, they're the 2 biggest names i can remember from it. It's decent

So you've seen the lineup?
    And your first post about it was just links?
    Then you can't even remember what you saw?
    Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Ahoyhoy wrote: »
    Was this done in co-operation with Jonathon on the TCD Ball page? Because the trolling was ridiculous, the guy clearly had a thesaurus on his lap while typing.
    It's called an education.

Anyway, the ball has absolutely no chance of selling out. This is going to be a big money loss for the SU and it wouldn't surprise me if it was cancelled again to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I doubt they got Oakenfold. He's very trance-y and wouldn't go down well with the general populous of the chart loving UCD hipsters.

If I had a ticket, I'd be extremely worried by now with no headliners announced. They are going to lose a fortune on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Does anyone know if it is possible to still buy a UCD ball ticket,Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

If either Oakenfold or Ronson were confirmed headliners I'm sure Ents would be announcing it from the rooftops to try and sell more tickets before the week ends, I'd say theyre rumoured at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

poisonated wrote: »

Billy, you have to go to the shop under the James Joyce library, the ents website seems to be down.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Jackmcg

LUPE wrote: »
    I've heard from a few people involved with Ents that Vanilla Ice will be one of the headliners. Hope they don't know this is me telling you ;)

http://www.vanillaice.com/tour.htm say otherwise, "dancing on ice" in the wembley arena is on the 23rd :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Ahoyhoy

It's called an education.

Anyway, the ball has absolutely no chance of selling out. This is going to be a big money loss for the SU and it wouldn't surprise me if it was cancelled again to be honest.

Lol, like you were being unconsciously eloquent. What a load of tripe, let it go. Although I do agree with you when you say it's not going to sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

280322047.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1303239451&Signature=Xr1iXPmPHPoHpYso0EJCPkfEikE%3D

poisonated wrote: »
    yes, su shop, but if I were you I'd wait for a line-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

ironclaw wrote: »
    I doubt they got Oakenfold. He's very trance-y and wouldn't go down well with the general populous of the chart loving UCD hipsters.

To be fair though, trance is a pretty aquired taste, you either like it or don't. I don't mind electo, house, techno (now and again) etc. but I wouldn't be racing to see Oakenfold either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

I reckon if the lineup isn't announced tomorrow they'll be in serious trouble with ticket sales...and the silence from ents says to me there's not much chance of that!

Advertisement