Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Ball 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Ahoyhoy wrote: »
    Lol, like you were being unconsciously eloquent. What a load of tripe, let it go. Although I do agree with you when you say it's not going to sell out.

Nah, you're right. I sit with a thesaurus on Boards.ie all day in order to appear to be outsmarting people who have a lot of free time on their hands during working hours. LOLZ indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Apparently nothing about a line-up at Council this evening. What are they playing at?! I'm sure country folk may want to be home for the weekend that's in it and won't want to have to wait until Friday to decide whether they are going to the Ball, or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Apparently nothing about a line-up at Council this evening. What are they playing at?! I'm sure country folk may want to be home for the weekend that's in it and won't want to have to wait until Friday to decide whether they are going to the Ball, or not.

Jonny said tomorrow (Wednesday) morning, something about getting final confirmation.

Paul also mentioned Boards in his final speech <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 likelydropout

I'd say ents are bricking it, I heard they've only sold about 2,000 of the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Fad wrote: »
    Jonny said tomorrow (Wednesday) morning, something about getting final confirmation.

Still no line-up. Does anyone have any news?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

kev9100 wrote: »
    Still no line-up. Does anyone have any news?

A quote from the UCD ents page:
    How much money was spent on the "Save our Ball" campaign? I think a new "Where's the line-up" campaign should be launched. You might get a tad bit more support...

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    This is beyond a farce at this stage. Beginning to wonder if it's going to be cancelled again.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jripper

Any updates at all? This thing is a total sham, i'm still going for the craic but i actually do fear it will be canceled. There's people backing out all over the place, loads of tickets for sale, 2 for 50euro and such. It seems that when people get elected to the SU on the popularity contest basis, things go down the tubes. Has anyone bought a ticket today, if so what number was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

jripper wrote: »
    Any updates at all? This thing is a total sham, i'm still going for the craic but i actually do fear it will be canceled. There's people backing out all over the place, loads of tickets for sale, 2 for 50euro and such. It seems that when people get elected to the SU on the popularity contest basis, things go down the tubes. Has anyone bought a ticket today, if so what number was it?
    Jonny Cosgrove via Bookface: "nearly there", "yup announcing asap" posted 3 hours ago :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

The line-up is out. The rubberbandits and half of Faithless are headlining. I didn't expect much but this really isn't worth 40 euro. I'm still going though!

• Advertisement

And Katy B and Annie Mac! Therefore good for 40 quid tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

Not an awful lineup, I'd pay 20e or 25e to see it without a problem. 40e is pushing it quite a lot though. I'd have serious doubts about ticket sales with this late an announcement too. I cant see how they're gonna shift 2k+ tickets between now and the weekend.

Blut2 wrote: »
    Not an awful lineup, I'd pay 20e or 25e to see it without a problem. 40e is pushing it quite a lot though. I'd have serious doubts about ticket sales with this late an announcement too. I cant see how they're gonna shift 2k+ tickets between now and the weekend.
    Me thinks tickets may be reduced to this if ticket sales don't go well tomorrow, ents would want to find some way of pleasing the people who payed 40e though, 5 free pints would be my suggestion or half price off next years tickets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sbren88

Now that the Ball line-up for the Saturday has been confirmed still wouldn't mind finding out who the original headliners for the Thursday night were. Or are the SU going to keep that to themselves?

I'm pretty sure one of them was moby

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Fair play to them. Solid line up for the time they had to reorganise.

I'm pretty sure one of them was moby
    Ye, heard that aswel!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I'm pretty impressed with the line up tbh.

I heard Moby (Presumably a DJ set) and David Guetta (+Kid Cudi) for the original, but you know, that didn't quite happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

David Guetta (+Kid Cudi)
    LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

DL Saint wrote: »
    Me thinks tickets may be reduced to this if ticket sales don't go well tomorrow, ents would want to find some way of pleasing the people who payed 40e though, 5 free pints would be my suggestion or half price off next years tickets!

Not likely. Think of all the people who bought tickets last year and then half of the crowd got in for free because they actually couldn't have been bothered to check tickets. Absolute joke.
    David Guetta (+Kid Cudi)

Yeah, quite possible as he would have been in England.

Anyone who believes this is worth €40 needs to get their head examined. Its a mish mash jumble of rubbish which is quantity over quality. There are two good acts at best and I wouldn't pay €40 to see either of them. The ticket price should be dropped or people with tickets given a refund. This isn't worthy of the €200,000 or so in ticket sales.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Raphael wrote: »
    How so?

Probably how he campaigned vigorously on the internet by listing all of the sites he and other sabbats were "active" on ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

I may buy a ticket for this as I quite fancy chatting up a few drunken, oompa-lumpa coloured tarts :cool:

ironclaw wrote: »

Anyone who believes this is worth €40 needs to get their head examined. Its a mish mash jumble of rubbish which is quantity over quality. There are two good acts at best and I wouldn't pay €40 to see either of them. The ticket price should be dropped or people with tickets given a refund. This isn't worthy of the €200,000 or so in ticket sales.

Thats clearly a matter of musical taste. I would be very happy to see at least 6 of those acts on their own varying in price 10-25 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

moby and david guetta lol yeah right

heard fatboy slim was lined up originally too

lol-o-rama :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I hope the SU seriously review this whole mess and learn lessons from the review. Of course some things may have been out of their control, but their handling of the situation has been laughably amateurish.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Well, what did everyone think of it?

As per usual, it lived up to being a pretty savage day out with a few tunes in the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Gingy wrote: »
    Well, what did everyone think of it?

As per usual, it lived up to being a pretty savage day out with a few tunes in the background.

scored some girl and now will be in the shower for the next few hours trying to scrub the fake tan off myself :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Lost phone and keys, can taste garlic off my breath from the fries I got (don't know how that didn't deter the girl I scored lol), ears are ringing, wrecked from bouncing at the dance stage. All in all a good day! Spending today on the couch with easter eggs and cups of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MacieC

The music was great but the whole organization outside the ball structure was too messy. I think they really went over the top as regards to security arrangements. Too much time spent checking who got in and who got out of the campus. That became a bit ridiculous to an extent, although I do understand their concerns.

The organization was better last year.

Weirdly, I didn't see that many drunk people last year. But this year went a bit out of control I think (alcohol-wise).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

Some amount of boys chewin the face off themselves. Didn't even need a ticket to get in.

Advertisement