Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Ball 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Antarctic Monkeys were the best band imo that played the student bar this year but saying that I heard that Example were excellent aswell but I missed them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 likelydropout

I'd love if they tried to get the Vaccines, very up and coming in the festival scene. Not unachievable either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

unknown13 wrote: »
    Antarctic Monkeys were the best band imo that played the student bar this year but saying that I heard that Example were excellent aswell but I missed them.

Monkeys were good yeah but they were no TSRE

I'd love if they tried to get the Vaccines, very up and coming in the festival scene. Not unachievable either.

Just played Dublin and played a sterling show, even if I may say so myself.

Vaccines don't seem to have anything booked for the ball date. Not according to their website.

• Advertisement

I fear a band with a profile as large as The Vaccines have are too big for the UCD Ball. Would be great if I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

unknown13 wrote: »
    The event page on facebook has become abuse central. Which is unfair on Jonny despite the line up being poor.

How is it unfair? The chap is a fraud and this whole event is a disgrace, and I mean that.

Tbf most of the personal slagging is hyperbole stuff about his weight, stuff he shouldn't and clearly doesn't take too seriously. Kind of like his 25k job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

LUPE wrote: »
    How is it unfair? The chap is a fraud and this whole event is a disgrace, and I mean that.

Tbf most of the personal slagging is hyperbole stuff about his weight, stuff he shouldn't and clearly doesn't take too seriously. Kind of like his 25k job.

He get's paid 25K a year? That's ridiculous if true.

For everything he's done wrong, he deserves plenty of harsh criticism ABOUT the job he has done but to personally insult the guy to this degree is just downright wrong and I'm surprised to see so many people supporting it.

Do people not realize what kind of affect this mountain of personal abuse could have on the guy? People have committed suicide for far less.

The guy must be in a dark place tonight.

lol

He get's paid 25K a year? That's ridiculous if true.

For everything he's done wrong, he deserves plenty of harsh criticism ABOUT the job he has done but to personally insult the guy to this degree is just downright wrong and I'm surprised to see so many people supporting it.

Do people not realize what kind of affect this mountain of personal abuse could have on the guy? People have committed suicide for far less.

He should be ashamed of all aspects of himself.

• Advertisement

26874_322239831079_507026079_4076967_7889250_n.jpg

I may be petty for posting this but in his manifesto he did say he was bringing the ball to the running track to INCREASE capacity and thus insuring BIGGER acts.

He should be ashamed of all aspects of himself.

Maybe, but it's not for other people to comment on his personal issues.

It wouldn't surprise me to see many people who commented on that facebook page be in hot water with UCD.

Posting personal abuse on the internet trying is about as cowardly and low as it gets.

It's bullying at the end of the day.

26874_322239831079_507026079_4076967_7889250_n.jpg

I may be petty for posting this but in his manifesto he did say he was bringing the ball to the running track to INCREASE capacity and thus insuring BIGGER acts.

Nope, you're not being petty.

That's the type of criticism he should be receiving.

Maybe, but it's not for other people to comment on his personal issues.

It wouldn't surprise me to see many people who commented on that facebook page be in hot water with UCD.

Posting personal abuse on the internet trying is about as cowardly and low as it gets.

It's bullying at the end of the day.

Nothing to do with UCD tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I definitely agree with the posters above that people shouldn't be making personal slags about his weight or anything else. You can complain about the awful lineup or a poor job he's done but its just bullying when people get personal like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

If what I'm hearing is true, all is not lost for Jonny. S'all I'm saying.

(I do not know him, I have no involvement in ents, just before someone calls me an ents hack....)

Nothing to do with UCD tbf

Oh but it has..
    Scope of bullying Policy
    This policy applies to the behaviour of students and staff of the University and
    others on University business or engaged in activities relating to the University
    or providing services to the University in all locations and situations, including;
    · The UCD campus, the campus of any other university or other place where
    staff or students are representing the university
    · At events such as social functions, conferences, sporting events, field
    trips, or work assignments which are related to the University, to one’s
    work or study, or at which one represents the University
    · In writing, on the telephone, by e-mail or on the internet in any University
    related activity.

Fad wrote: »
    If what I'm hearing is true, all is not lost for Jonny. S'all I'm saying.

(I do not know him, I have no involvement in ents, just before someone calls me an ents hack....)

Some big headliners?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Some big headliners?

I heard a few rumours today that Swedish House Mafia were headlining, but rumours like these always circulate and rarely amount to anything!

I heard a few rumours today that Swedish House Mafia were headlining, but rumours like these always circulate and rarely amount to anything!

Well they are playing in Glasgow two days later and oxegen this summer, not too much of a stretch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Agree with Soccer4Life 100%.

All the people abusing Johnny over his weight or anything that is not in any way relevant to his performance in the job deserve a smack.

Whatever about criticising his lack of meeting his manifesto or the quality of the ents year and final year swansong, having a go at the guy over his weight or anything else is completely ridiculous.

I know Johnny slightly, always found him to be pleasant and amiable but do agree his Ents year has been poor( Im not even in UCD atm, Im in Oz but Im going on what Ive been hearing).

Not what I've heard, but that'd be pretty badass!

Coincidently, I interviewed Axwell earlier this year (linkeh).

Why don't you tell us what you've heard

Why don't you tell us what you've heard

Because I dont know how many people have been told, and I'd prefer if it didn't get linked back to them.

Because I dont know how many people have been told, and I'd prefer if it didn't get linked back to them.

We won't let it get back to them, we promise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The Vaccines? Fortunately the majority of the Student population are hetero-sexual or we would have an AIDS pandemic on our hands. ****in' Vaccines, get real

Luckily it was print media or else your lack of a radio voice would have been exposed. Duh duh duh duh

I will reiterate that there are 4 headline acts; the comments on the UCD Ball page are premature, if they are angry; Special Olympics 'athletes' declaring their interest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I'd be very surprised if they play, they'd cost a huge amount to book and there's plenty more (and arguably better) DJs they could get for much cheaper.

Although they should have plenty of money left over from the acts they've booked so far, so you never know. Would enjoy seeing them at the ball myself. And quoting Jonny in that observer article “We tick all the boxes, from ensuring the best international festival DJs..” and I don't see one 'international festival DJ' in that lineup yet!

• Advertisement

I have it on good authority that Crystal Castles are one of the headliners. Fact.

Advertisement