Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Ball 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

Awful lineup so far, seems to just be people who played the student bar during the year.

Headliners are going to have to be good to change peoples opinion.

I'm a friend of Jonny's, disappointed with the line up but the abuse people are giving him is totally out of line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

LUPE wrote: »
    I have it on good authority that Crystal Castles are one of the headliners. Fact.
    Coming from you, I won't believe it until it is official

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Well they are playing in Glasgow two days later and oxegen this summer, not too much of a stretch.

Their price tag would be the stretch
    Jello wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if they play, they'd cost a huge amount to book and there's plenty more (and arguably better) DJs they could get for much cheaper.

Not even arguably, definitely. Bloody awful commercial imitation tripe. Loved by the same people who think going to a club like ALT constitutes a rave and wearing a jumpsuit and a glowstick gives them a notion about dance music.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Coming from you, I won't believe it until it is official

Cool man, cheers for the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Their price tag would be the stretch

Not even arguably, definitely. Bloody awful commercial imitation tripe. Loved by the same people who think going to a club like ALT constitutes a rave and wearing a jumpsuit and a glowstick gives them a notion about dance music.

Not only liked by the shutter-shade brigade...

I had to lol at you being such a hipster complaining about how "commercial" they are like its a crime for an act to make money. Like those emo kids in South Park who flick their hair and call people "conformists".

If Swedish House Mafia are headlining then I am in. Watched their documentary and the energy at their shows is amazing. However I agree with you in that they would cost far to much, so I wont get my hopes up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I've no issue with Dj's making money. I have an issue with the cheesy pop-dance that SHM and david guetta come out with.

Commercial is not an insult, it is a description. The music is made to appeal to the masses and to me it feels like aural rape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I have it on good authority that Crystal Castles are one of the headliners. Fact.

Wouldn't be unlikely. I was at their gig up in Queens SU before Christmas so they do play quite small venues so UCD Ball would be a biggish gig for them.

Same source is telling me Lily Allen will be performing a DJ set also. This could be a big turnaround

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Same source is telling me Lily Allen will be performing a DJ set also. This could be a big turnaround

Lily Allen djing wouldn't exactly be exciting to be honest though. She's a singer (a very good one and one I'd really enjoy live), not a dj.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Lily Allen djing wouldn't exactly be exciting to be honest though. She's a singer (a very good one and one I'd really enjoy live), not a dj.

Yeah, if they could get her to perform (sing), that would be brilliant imo. Don't have much interest in seeing her DJ.

• Advertisement

Cool man, cheers for the update.

No problem. Enjoy not having me as a mate

If you're not my mate, mate, then why do you keep following me, bro?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

:rolleyes: Handbags at dawn :rolleyes:

Calm down ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Lol wtf is Randolph talking about.

Lol wtf is Randolph talking about.

Where is your Boards.ie experience? 2007? I was a father of 6 at that stage

You keep polluting my UCD section with your comments. I am hoping to turn the UCD section into a place for real intellectual debate but you seem to be actively working against this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

This just in, Pot insults kettle in racism scandal. Take a break Randolph, sounds like the stress is getting to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

This lineup can seriously hole off, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

They deleted the event on Facebook :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 likelydropout

It says currently unavailable. That doesn't mean it's deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

So you're better for having spent longer on boards than someone else?

I would've thought quite the opposite! ;)

(also I find you irritating...mate)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Y'know, attempting to engage in conversation with a user right after they get banned is both pointless and rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

This whole thing has just become a huge mess. Whoever thought deleting the facebook page would end this thing will be very mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

The UCD Ents page still has some abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

I know you're banned. I find it unfortunate.

6 kids. Hope it wasnt the same woman. No one gains from that situation. Not you, Not her and not the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

The Vaccines? Fortunately the majority of the Student population are hetero-sexual or we would have an AIDS pandemic on our hands. ****in' Vaccines, get real

Hahahahahahahah, jokes about AIDS and gays are brilliant. You're the man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I am hoping to turn the UCD section into a place for real intellectual debate but you seem to be actively working against this...

The Vaccines? Fortunately the majority of the Student population are hetero-sexual or we would have an AIDS pandemic on our hands. ****in' Vaccines, get real

This guy is too lolotastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

In fairness to Randolph, based on his normal posts and the timestamp on his last contributions, I'm guessing late night drunk posting is to blame :pac:

Still no tickets available or headliners then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

Ticket sales have been pushed back to Monday I think, no word on any of the headliners yet though. I would have thought theyd be trying to announce some headliners before ticket sales but apparently they dont have any finalised soooo....

This is all very last minute isnt it? Ticket sales 10 days before the event? Reeks of bad organisation, doesnt bode well for the actual event.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 likelydropout

IT'S CANCELLED!

****ING *****.

Advertisement