Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toilet training help....poo!!!

Options
  • 11-03-2011 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I have a little man...almost 3, I am going out of my mind cleaning poo out of his pants!! we have been potty training for 3 weeks now....and i am not boasting but he has only had one wee accident in this time, but NOT ONE poo in the toilet/potty.....when it happens i have trying not responding, reasuring, and star charts ect!!
    when asked why he did not go in the toilet he answers " i didn't want to" has no problem weeing in the toilet. have tried sitting him on the potty, even brought it to the sitting room, so he is not missing out on anything! and still nothing!

Am verging on being negative ...everything i read is against saying anything negative but am getting there!!!!
    any ideas please!!! know each child is different but will try anything at this stage!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i don't know if it helps but my mum was telling us with me and my sister she had us potty trained without any issues, my brother on the other hand had issues like you mentioned (no problems using the toilet to pee but he would not poo in the toilet)

it turned out when he did a poo in the toilet some of the water splashed back up and hit his bum and he hated it so much he refused to use the toilet/potty in case it happened again,

so my advise would be find out why he doesn't want to, and try to show him it will be ok, also maybe continue to use nappies until he is able to be fully potty trained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

I think everyone has that problem at the beginning. I put the poo from his pants into the potty and told him that poo goes in the potty not the floor/pants/whatever. Potty was then brought to the toilet where we waved goodbye to the poo. Took about 2 days to sort it fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I run a pre-school service and we have found over the years that some children are just afraid of the feeling of lack of control as the poo come out (Gross writing about it I know!!) and worry about that. So we found giving them a book to look at while sitting on the loo helped take minds of the task! Also some kids have a dislike of the splash sound it makes when it hits the water, putting look roll in first helped with that.
    Around toilet training time we watch Bear in the big blue house, Potty time dvd and that helps. Not saying that your son is worried about the above but worth chatting to him about as we have found a large number of kids do worry about it.

Just stick with it and it will click very soon, I promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ash2007

thanks for the advice... still having problems though!! will keep with it!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

The splash thing was an issue for my son too, but what he did (I think he stopped when he was 5) he used to strip naked to go his poo (all the clothes including socks came off).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

Try watching this with him:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Try watching this with him:)

i would imagine its sorted now as thread is two years old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Report the post in future please foxy06.

Advertisement