Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese earthquake / tsunami discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

NHK commentary of reported missing, washed away and dead is running into the hundreds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭TheAnswer

Don't post on this thread again.

Go FCUK yourself, who do you think you are? Japan is probably the best prepared country in the world for dealing with an earthquake or Tsunami and all sorts of loolahs are on here predicting the end of the world and you're telling me not to post again? I'll say it again just in case you missed it the first time,
    Go FCUK Yourself

I've just as much entitlement to post here as the rest of you losers. Drop dead.

Mod: Poster banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

i wonder what that person on the bridge was thinking [ besides being shocked ]

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Will be interesting to see the comparison with aid and assistance given with that given to Haiti or the SE Asian areas after the tsunami there. As Japan is a massive producer of tech and electronics that so much of the world depends on, as well as being a first world country I can see the world response being multiples of the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Thats an angry, angry young man right there.

• Advertisement

jonbravo wrote: »
    i wonder what that person on the bridge was thinking [ besides being shocked ]

Shock is enough, seen cars drive right into it ~ not that they could have escaped anyway and seen cars drive off road and get engulfed ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I hear the prison forum is a nice place to be....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

A lot of the earlier footage has been pulled from the networks because it was truely shocking to view. One showed a line of buses,cars and trucks trying to outrun the wave on a highway only to be swept away. There must have been 50-60 different vehicles in that one shot of footage alone. I'm getting very worried about the nuclear reactor now. This is'nt going to end well if they are evacuating people from the citys around the site. Not good folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

SeaFields wrote: »
    Thats an angry, angry young man right there.

Yeah, I hope Mickey lets us keep him. He seems such a rascal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

2000 people near that nuclear plant being evacuated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

TheAnswer wrote: »
    Go FCUK yourself, who do you think you are? Japan is probably the best prepared country in the world for dealing with an earthquake or Tsunami and all sorts of loolahs are on here predicting the end of the world and you're telling me not to post again? I'll say it again just in case you missed it the first time,
    Go FCUK Yourself

I've just as much entitlement to post here as the rest of you losers. Drop dead.

Banned

Reactor still hot, 3~10km ordered indoors, 3 km evacuation ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

The water level at the nuclear plant is said to be lowering,. Experts are worried, but they say that a Chernobyl type accident wont happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

mike65 wrote: »
    2000 people near that nuclear plant being evecuated.

3k evacuation radius, up to 10k stay indoors, no radioactive leaks (so far) on NHK just now

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

TheAnswer wrote: »
    Go FCUK Yourself

And TheAnswer is....... Banned!

gbee wrote: »
    Reactor still hot, 3~10km ordered indoors, 3 km evacuation ordered

I hope to fcuk that precautionary. If not....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Mister men wrote: »
    A lot of the earlier footage has been pulled from the networks because it was truely shocking to view. One showed a line of buses,cars and trucks trying to outrun the wave on a highway only to be swept away. There must have been 50-60 different vehicles in that one shot of footage alone. I'm getting very worried about the nuclear reactor now. This is'nt going to end well if they are evacuating people from the citys around the site. Not good folks.

I saw that footage earlier on Sky News, it was horrific. Within 10 mins of showing it first it was edited to take out the traffic being hit. Shocking news to wake up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Wow,The last time something like this occurred in Chernobyl The Government in The Irish Republic ordered its people to stay indoors!

So if this nuclear plant was to leak/explode would we be in danger of a nuclear fall?

I hope to fcuk that precautionary. If not....

Can you see it on NHK? There is real fear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

The Tsunami going to hit Hawii in a few minutes hope all the people managed to get to high ground ok.

Can you see it on NHK? There is real fear.

Pardon my ignorance....whats NHK?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Hawaii is about to be impacted...let's hope everyone got to high ground.

Edit: Aw Feck sake live pictures there are showing idiots on the beach looking for a glimpse. Move yer fugging arses idiots!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Alternating currents usually, sink-holes. Sink hole is not likely in this case. It is 'just' the force of the wave meeting resistance and trying to go elsewhere and forming a whirlpool.

whilst this is a big event, smaller one form at every ebb and flow in every harbour in the world, some more powerful than others.

Thanks gbee, it looked like something from a disaster film!
    mixednuts wrote: »
    Oh fcuk ...

Someone please tell me im wrong ... 24secs in look at the boat near the center of the whirlpool and tell me it engines are not running trying to escape it ?

I'm not sure, but judging by this;
    Saw this earlier and I can't tell you what you want to hear ... this version is edited.

I'm thinking they must have got sucked in.:(

So if this nuclear plant was to leak/explode would we be in danger of a nuclear fall?

Less likely, but it would depend on the actual event and how it was handled. Chernobyl was spilling radiation for nearly a week before we knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Its a Japanese public broadcaster in English. RTE are streaming it on the website
    http://www.rte.ie/live/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Japan's national broadcaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

NHKworld is on astra/sky/freesat free to air.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement