Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese earthquake / tsunami discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

It shows do,That although Ireland and Europe maybe in,and facing into Financial meltdown,it is nothing when compared to the damage Mother Nature can cause.

Money is Money,its paper,Life will always be number one,If anything is learnt from the recent happenings in New Zealand & Japan its that once their is food and water we should not worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

123balltv wrote: »
    the moon is acting up now :eek:

On March 19, the moon will swing around Earth more closely than it has in the past 18 years, lighting up the night sky from just 221,567 miles (356,577 kilometers) away. On top of that, it will be full. And one astrologer believes it could inflict massive damage on the planet

Definitely enough proof.

We're doomed!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

yes thank god,Nuclear Plant now under control!,Water has been pumped in!

How about thanking the fire fighters and engineers and common labourers who struggled against the odds to rectify the damage done by an act of God?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

On March 19, the moon will swing around Earth more closely than it has in the past 18 years, lighting up the night sky from just 221,567 miles (356,577 kilometers) away. On top of that, it will be full. And one astrologer believes it could inflict massive damage on the planet

I see you are a resident of NUTbush ;) Google the above and look at the type of sites linked to it.

gbee wrote: »
    How about thanking the fire fighters and engineers and common labourers who struggled against the odds to rectify the damage done by an act of God?

Okay,Thanks Lads/also why so much hate towards God from the "usual culprits" God's the main Man!

Maybe he's just showing humanity how easily he can kick its ass when it steps out of order?:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

I hope you don't get emails from African princes offering to give you millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

'the news' should have known better. Look at the picture does it look like it was taken this decade?

Any word on when waves due to hit the US coast?

They're hitting at the moment.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/03/11/state/n080940S97.DTL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

mike65 wrote: »
    I see you are a resident of NUTbush ;) Google the above and look at the type of sites linked to it.

Google is a little old town California
    thats where I got this info from

Indonesian Tsunami Happened Two Weeks Before January 2005 Supermoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Google is a little old town California
    thats where I got this info from

Indonesian Tsunami Happened Two Weeks Before January 2005 Supermoon

The fact that the tsunami occurred two weeks before the 'supermoon' should be enough to tell you that the two events are not linked.

Truly amazing what an Earthquake can do,Like with the after shocks/Nuclear plant breaking down/Tsunami 33ft high in on top of Japan/and surrounding areas,and I presume The New Zealand Earthquake may have triggered it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Lol at the 2012 doomsayers. Get a fu ckin grip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

gbee wrote: »

:rolleyes: Take your agenda to another thread. Its a figure of speech.

Video of the huge explosion at burning oil refinery. Start at 1:35.

Sorry if this has been posted before. Apparently this quake was 8,000 times stronger than the Christchurch one! Can hardly get my head round that.
    Explanation of Richter Scale on wikipedia.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

from http://english.kyodonews.jp/ two minutes ago
    BREAKING NEWS: Radiation level rising in Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant turbine building (01:58)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Thrill wrote: »
    Video of the huge explosion at burning oil refinery. Start at 1:35.

Fecking hell :eek: I would have jumped for cover fair play to the cameraman to keep filming,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

its unbelievable the earth is not well just look at all the terrible events that have occurred in the last 10 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

gman2k wrote: »
    from http://english.kyodonews.jp/ two minutes ago
    BREAKING NEWS: Radiation level rising in Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant turbine building (01:58)
    Oh no.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Maybe he's just showing humanity how easily he can kick its ass when it steps out of order?:D

You think thats appropriate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

DarkJager wrote: »
    The early Sky News footage earlier was horrible. When I turned it on it looked like it was computer generated - the massive wave just sweeping across fields and washing houses away. Then it approached a road and you could see the traffic. They cut it off just as you saw vans and cars getting swept away by it. Hasn't been shown since and understandably so, it was horrific viewing.

was trying to explain this to ppl who hadn't seen it and was just so horrific I dont think I woudl want them to watch it!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

ricero wrote: »
    its unbelievable the earth is not well just look at all the terrible events that have occurred in the last 10 years
    Eh? These events have been happening for billions of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

no more or less natural disasters than any other decade really, just the media presence makes it more noticeable these days.

1. 1708: Nuclear physicist Dr Walt Patterson tells the BBC it sounds like there is a "serious problem" at the Fukushima-Daiichi plant. "It's the sort of thing that nuclear engineers have nightmares about," he says. "If it is not resolved in the next few hours it will get serious. If the core is uncovered, then those rods at the top may get hot enough to melt themselves."

BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

This is just normal behaviour for the planet, it's not a sign some things wrong. The earth has been relatively quite over the last few decades if anything.

You think thats appropriate?

No need to take it out of context I was talking about humanity in general,let's keep thread on topic eh?,you can discuss your problems in the atheist/or conspiracy threads if you so wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

how far in land would a wave like that travel,

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

ScumLord wrote: »
    This is just normal behaviour for the planet, it's not a sign some things wrong. The earth has been relatively quite over the last few decades if anything.

of course its a natural disaster but to have so many in such a short period of time its ****ed up big time

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Thrill wrote: »
    1. 1708: Nuclear physicist Dr Walt Patterson tells the BBC it sounds like there is a "serious problem" at the Fukushima-Daiichi plant. "It's the sort of thing that nuclear engineers have nightmares about," he says. "If it is not resolved in the next few hours it will get serious. If the core is uncovered, then those rods at the top may get hot enough to melt themselves."

BBC.
    FUCK...
    I hope to god they can get that under control before it meltsdown

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Almost 40 thousand views in less than a day.

This is such a sad thing to happen and to such a lovely country as well. Japanese people are one of the friendliest nationalities in the world. So sad :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement