Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnant? Very confusing

Options
  • 11-03-2011 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi guys - would really appreciate some help or advise here.

My partner had a miscarriage last summer. She was 3 months gone and it was all very sad. We started to try pretty much straight away but no joy to daye.

Just today my partner was feeling a bit off and for some reason decided to do a test. Low and behold. 2 pink lines.

From the last time I am aware that this pretty much means she is pregnant however she just had her period over the weekend - or so we thought.

What I'd really like to know from any of you knowledgable people is a few things?

1. Her period was 2 days early, light and mainly brown. Could it be this wasn't a period just her bodys reaction to a time of month when she would normally expect to have one?

2. Could the egg have been fertilised last month but then not have embedded. So while technically pregnant she went on to have a period and the test is just picking up some small trace of hormaone?

Any advise would be really appreciated. As you can imagine and Im sure were not alone but after the miscarriage were just afraid of getting hopes up.

Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Disambiguation

CelticH wrote: »
    Hi guys - would really appreciate some help or advise here.

My partner had a miscarriage last summer. She was 3 months gone and it was all very sad. We started to try pretty much straight away but no joy to daye.

Just today my partner was feeling a bit off and for some reason decided to do a test. Low and behold. 2 pink lines.

From the last time I am aware that this pretty much means she is pregnant however she just had her period over the weekend - or so we thought.

What I'd really like to know from any of you knowledgable people is a few things?

1. Her period was 2 days early, light and mainly brown. Could it be this wasn't a period just her bodys reaction to a time of month when she would normally expect to have one?

2. Could the egg have been fertilised last month but then not have embedded. So while technically pregnant she went on to have a period and the test is just picking up some small trace of hormaone?

Any advise would be really appreciated. As you can imagine and Im sure were not alone but after the miscarriage were just afraid of getting hopes up.

Thanks guys
    Sorry for your loss last year.

What it sounds like to me is perhaps spotting in early pregnancy, but I suspect she is in her second month already - when was her last period before the weekend spotting?

Send your partner to the Dr. for a beta blood test and ask if they recommend any treatment or early care as a result of her previous loss. They might try to scan her and perhaps offer progesterone to help support the pregnancy.

Make sure she is taking her prenatals!

Good luck to you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Skadi

It could have been implantation bleeding (especially if it was not like her normal period). I would tell her to take another test in a few days and if it is positive again to go talk to her GP and get the pregnancy confirmed.

Advertisement