Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing license

Options
  • 11-03-2011 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how I go about getting replacement licenses , the typing has come off the present ones -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

If I were in your situation Traumadoc I'd just go into the local station, ask for the guy who processes applications and show him what has happened.

He'll might be able to get them re-issued or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Yup. Shouldn't be a major issue. Laminate the replacement though, it doesn't look like these are any more hardy than what they replaced :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

As Vegeta said go to your local station, and ask them to reprint/re-issue the license. There is a function for that under the new PULSE system. You should have it within a week.

I got one done a couple of months ago for a .22lr.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I'm browned off going to my local station.

We lost our FO to retirement and the new FO is not Mon-Fri so very hard to cath them.

I've been in 4 times in the past 6 weeks to get a replacement.
    I can't import ammo if I don't have my permit legible and in date, major PITA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

Traumadoc wrote: »
    Does anyone know how I go about getting replacement licenses , the typing has come off the present ones -

Last year I put all my licenses into the washing machine by mistake :mad: and they where shredded into bits.so I couldn't buy any ammo:eek:

Went to my local garda station and got them to draft up a letter to say "such in such with pulse number and weapon serial number" has lost his license and this letter verifys that he has the license for x firearm..... This work for me to get ammo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

I'm browned off going to my local station.

We lost our FO to retirement and the new FO is not Mon-Fri so very hard to cath them.

I've been in 4 times in the past 6 weeks to get a replacement.
    I can't import ammo if I don't have my permit legible and in date, major PITA

Happened me years ago under the old system, my FO was constantly on sick leave but every time I called in I was told he was on the A/B shift (depending on what day I was in) I got them to record it in there little book that I was in on X,Y,Z date. After a while I just went in and went over the FOs head, asking to speak to the Sgt. from then on he handled all my applications.

To the OP... local station will sort it for you, theyll reissue your licence for free (youll possibly be asked to destroy your old 1) and within a few days youll get a new licence in the post, easy peasy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Local FO is very difficult to get a hold of, to put it mildly.:mad:

I was hoping that someone had a number for where the licenses are printed.

The quality of the license is truly awful.

I'm assuming An Post print the licenses. When you get the license the details are entered into PULSE, but the printing does not occur until the license is paid for at the PO.

Also i cannot see An Gardai printing the licenses, sending them to Clare, then sending them from there out to the firearm owners.

Doesn't make sense. I say Clare because i think that is An Post's main sorting centre or at least the one for the licenses.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

AFAIK its all done on the pulse system, so a reissue would only require someone to input a request into that system for a reissue to be sent out from where-ever in virtual land it takes place.

Try going into the next station up in the chain if your local station is only open a few hours a day. And I find that if I phone ahead to find out what time the FO is on duty it saved a lot of waisted travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭freddieot

An Post don't print the Certs.

They just record the payment and the details and forward that electronically just the way they do if you want to pay a different type of bill.

• Advertisement

Who does?

I know they take the payment and forward it on as its not done on a local level, but when they forward the payment on the certs are sent from Clare (are they not?).

Who in Clare prints and sends the certs?

Advertisement