Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jogging on campus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Victoria. wrote: »
    Anybody know any good routes for jogging around on campus?
    I decided to start couch to 5k for lent :p.

Did they re-open this one?
    http://mis.ucd.ie/news/ucdTrailsWalksJogging/

Thanks

Most of it is done now. The section from Vets/N11 around the back of Vets to secret lake is still a work in progress though so very bumpy. Also the section that goes paralell to the N11 basically ends at Fosters Ave so back to old style path from there.

Best continuous path - Vets/N11/Track/Glenomena/Merville/Path around car parks/Belgrove/Film Institute/Crèche/Clonskeagh Gate/Water Tower/Richview/Rugby pitches/Secret lake

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Around the back of health sciences etc is the secret lake - there's some nice pathways along there you could use. Also all around the outskirts of campus along the N11 and around (going parallel to Fosters Ave.) is a good place to go. The track itself is obviously most convenient - you can use it whenever you want except when the athletics club is there.

Best of luck with c25k! It's a great programme, I loved it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Wow 5k, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

stop wrote: »
    Most of it is done now. The section from Vets/N11 around the back of Vets to secret lake is still a work in progress though so very bumpy. Also the section that goes paralell to the N11 basically ends at Fosters Ave so back to old style path from there.

Best continuous path - Vets/N11/Track/Glenomena/Merville/Path around car parks/Belgrove/Film Institute/Crèche/Clonskeagh Gate/Water Tower/Richview/Rugby pitches/Secret lake

Thanks so much, I'll have to try this :)
    Around the back of health sciences etc is the secret lake - there's some nice pathways along there you could use. Also all around the outskirts of campus along the N11 and around (going parallel to Fosters Ave.) is a good place to go. The track itself is obviously most convenient - you can use it whenever you want except when the athletics club is there.

Best of luck with c25k! It's a great programme, I loved it :D

Thanks yeah I'm really enjoying it so far. So much easier to do it when it's cut down into manageable goals rather than just get outside and run until you need to sit down haha.
    LUPE wrote: »
    Wow 5k, best of luck.

Thank you :)

Advertisement