Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easkey Seafront

Options
  • 11-03-2011 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if anybody has been to Easkey recently and knows what the story is with the toilets etc? I know last year they were closed and there was talk of them being re opened - has this happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I think they are still closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭corryworry

some locals were trying to do something about the state of the seafront, see link below, I think there is a facebook page too!
    http://easkeyseafront.blogspot.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 piddles

They are closed at the moment. They were open during the summer last year but i'd be inclinded to decontaminate oneself after one uses them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The plans for the seafront have been much discussed for years with little or nothing done about it.

The obvious solution for me would be to use part of the green area behind the seafront as a caravan / camp site. It would fund the upkeep of the area, create some employment for a few locals & bring some much needed visitors to the area.

I realise it gets visitors, but people staying there are likely to spend a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Thanks for the replies guys. It's a shame the toilets are still closed but the way things were going the place was being ruined. So at least until a solution is found, the place wont be getting trashed.

I remember going there last June bank holiday, looked like a bomb hit it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Connacht

Lads, if anyone ever comes on here that's associated with this blog :
    would they please PM me so we can have a chat.
    The blog itself has no contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭tightropetom

What about those two old abandoned looking vans (look like Crusty mobiles) beside the Tower? They are a horrible eyesore, and they're just full of junk. Why doesn't the council remove them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Connacht wrote: »
    Lads, if anyone ever comes on here that's associated with this blog :
    would they please PM me so we can have a chat.
    The blog itself has no contact details.

If you leave a comment on the blog they blog owner will see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 caz100

Those toilets are in bad shape alright, there's little point in having public toilets if they are never cleaned. As for the place looking like a bomb, it might help if the council had proper large bins in the area and collected the rubbish, otherwise it might be an idea to stick some signs up asking people to take their rubbish with them. Being a surfer myself I cant believe that fellow surfers would leave the place looking like a bomb hit it and if so they should be ashamed of themselves. Some simple signs might act as a reminder. As for developing the area, I'd like to see it preserved. Any hostels or campsites should be located a good distance back from the seafront in my view. Too many seaside towns have already been ruined with development. I think people go to easkey because they are trying to get away from the other kips that have been ruined with 'development'.

Advertisement