Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Training Query

• 11-03-2011 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi lads. Was hoping some of you would share some experiences and info about training camps.

A few lads from our gym are thinking (tho it could be all talk from some) about going to a training camp in either Holland or a top English one for a few weeks - wife doesn’t trust me heading out to Thailand for some reason, lol.

I’m just looking for roughly what it cost to train, what classes that allowed, how much for accom. And if you enjoyed /rated it. Not much like!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭DB888

I travelled alone to Mike's Gym in Amsterdam last year for 1 week,was all I could stay for due to work.For 250 i got full weeks training,room to stay beside the gym and basic food.
    They have Mike Passenier(the big guy buddha looking guy you always see with Manhoef,Badr Hari,etc).Obviously he owns and is head coach.Melvin Manhoef,Badr Hari,The Groenhart brothers and loads others for striking.The 15 yr olds will beat you up badly during sparring,along with Melvin!But there all real cool.Depending when you go you might catch Paul Daley an other top mma fighters there
    Remco Pardoel(Early UFC fighter,BJJ Black belt) is there for grappling along with couple of brown belts.Remco is a cool guy and great instructor.It was normally 3 of us for grappling,me,Remco and one of the brown belts.There is a couple for the MMA classes a week,not big numbers.Boxing classes are very good too..
    Brand new fully equipped gym,1 big huge room for grappling,kickboxing,boxing,sparring.About 30 bags hanging.Then a smaller room for grappling,still big.Ring and a cage.
    If i can get time il be travelling back this year
    Any more info needed PM me

Advertisement