Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patrick's Day Trips

• 11-03-2011 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

We all saw that the top ministers of the incoming government have forgone St. Patrick's Day trips to America on the tax payers money, but did anyone else see where some of our own local politicians have decided it is ok for themselves to do so?

If the top ministers are saying its a waste of money, how can the mayor and his cohorts justify this sort of thing?

Considering the fact they won't even address the rates issue and that both papers reported this week that shop vacancies in Ennis and Kilrush are at the worst point ever with local sales at their worst point ever, you would think the local money they are using to feck off to America for an all-expense paid trip by the tax payers would be vastly inappropriate.

Apparently, Mayor Christy Curtin, County Manager Tom Coughlan think this type of expense is justified.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I read in the champion that christy was paying his own way this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

So where are they going captain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

To be fair to Christy Curtin as Mayor of Clare he was invited to New York and he is paying his own expenses as he has stated publicly that it would be unfair for the money to come out of central funds in the current economic climate

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I have edited the thread title as I believe some folks are paying for their own trips, i which case imvho this is to be applauded, if you have details of people going on jollies please pass on the information and I will change it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Clareman wrote: »
    I have edited the thread title as I believe some folks are paying for their own trips, i which case imvho this is to be applauded, if you have details of people going on jollies please pass on the information and I will change it back
    Let them all go.They represent us after all.I love the mayors and politicians.And they love us:D:D. ;)

• Advertisement

:DIm puking.Ha ha-****ING POLITICIANS??

Clareman wrote: »
    Clareman, much respect to you -great mod but dont try and defend those latchicos.Just my opinion.:)

Advertisement