Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bed Disposal

• 11-03-2011 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Have a old single bed to get rid of. Anyone know will the dump take them or what's the best(cheapest) way to dispose of them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Friends of the earth will take it. Not sure what the cost would be. located at the 6 cross roads just off the roundabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Any updates on this??? Same situation myself with having a bed but can't get rid of it. Is there anywhere else that takes them?? Any help would be great!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Would you try jumbletown.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

The City Council will take them for about €30 if I'm not mistaken!

The City Council will take them for about €30 if I'm not mistaken!

Thanks....do they collect them though?? I need it collected as I can't bring it anywhere.

• Advertisement

michellie wrote: »

Thanks for the suggestion!! I'll certainly look into it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Any updates on this??? Same situation myself with having a bed but can't get rid of it. Is there anywhere else that takes them?? Any help would be great!!:)

Put it up in the free stuff section of adverts.ie
    You can get people to come collect it from ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

michellie wrote: »

Good thinking. There be some stuff on that place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Leave it outside your front door with a chain and padlock on it and go back inside for 5 minutes and i guarantee itl be gone lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Chuck ads up on noticeboards in supermarkets too =)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the all suggestions everyone!!:) Due to the state of it I think the council would be the best bet! I'll give them a ring today and see what the story is!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Master and commander

you'd be mad to pay 30 to have an old junk bed taken away. I certainly would not be paying. What i'd do is get a handsaw and cut the frame of it up into lengths, and then just sfuff it all into the black bin. Cut the matress up with a stanley knife. It might take 2 bin collections to get rid of it all. If you like, the wooden frame of the bed will make very good firewood as its so dry. Thats what i'd do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

you'd be mad to pay 30 to have an old junk bed taken away. I certainly would not be paying. What i'd do is get a handsaw and cut the frame of it up into lengths, and then just sfuff it all into the black bin. Cut the matress up with a stanley knife. It might take 2 bin collections to get rid of it all. If you like, the wooden frame of the bed will make very good firewood as its so dry. Thats what i'd do.
    ha that's what we done with two beds last year. Forgot about that.

Excellent idea!! Never thought of that!! Definitely worth a go!! Cheers :D

Advertisement