Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old eircom phone line

Options
  • 11-03-2011 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Just moved into a house where there was apparently an eircom phone line in the past, I don't know the old number; is there any way I can find out a) the old number, and b) the current status of the line?
    When I plug in a phone to the socket I'm getting an engaged tone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭sf80

I've had the same issue a couple of times in the past...I can't remember how I sorted it though - must have been simple. Maybe give eircom a call, they can probably find the line based on the address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 123MEE

I called eircom, the guy couldn't find my address (street), Its not a new build and I know the neighbours have eircom phone & BB, he said to talk to them about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭sf80

useless fecker! Try someone else in there. It might help if you know the neighbours phone number, maybe the eircom agent can find their version of the address from it

• Registered Users Posts: 24 phoneranger

give Eircom the name of the previous tenant and they will be able to find the number

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

Not sure if this will work with your line as you are getting an engaged dial tone but try dialling 199000

If it does you will hear your number being read back to you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland#Special_numbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

123MEE wrote: »
    Just moved into a house where there was apparently an eircom phone line in the past, I don't know the old number; is there any way I can find out a) the old number, and b) the current status of the line?
    When I plug in a phone to the socket I'm getting an engaged tone.

Try dialing 1901, what happens ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Would ringing 11811, and asking the number for (your houses address) work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 123MEE

Thanks for the reply's, after a second call to Eircom a different person was able to find my address....three calls later still no phone though...an engineer will be out next week.........maybe :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 agcomms

An Engineer will be out, what a load of BLX.

if your getting TOS Tone (Temp out of Service) and you want the line connected ,, they can do it in a matter of Hours.

it called an in situ provide. feckn egits.

i am an eircom agent so I will speed it up if I can.

Regards
    Tony Greene

Advertisement