Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge variance in fuel prices in Cork

Options
  • 11-03-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭

Probably reflected around the country, but I dont remember there ever being a time where there was such a huge difference in prices locally !

This morning I drove past one place at 145.9 & thankfully found 137.9 ten minutes later :eek:

Can't believe its just oil prices

Comments

Diesel I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Andip wrote: »
    Probably reflected around the country, but I dont remember there ever being a time where there was such a huge difference in prices locally !

This morning I drove past one place at 145.9 & thankfully found 137.9 ten minutes later :eek:

Can't believe its just oil prices

where!?
    and its not oil prices...its taxes

where!?
    and its not oil prices...its taxes

the taxes does not explain the variation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

yep diesel....

cheapest I found was a 'Top' unmanned filling station opposite Harvey Norman - its the industrial estate with the 'Motorway' car parts place on it - you need a credit card but its 137.9 for diesel at the moment, no petrol though.....

Its probably designed for trucks, but it says cars welcome - I presume Top diesel is as good as anybody elses ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

RoverJames wrote: »
    the taxes does not explain the variation :)

agreed, but just to clarify in most cases anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

A whopping 150.something for petrol if you choose to fuel at Cork Airport.

My light is on as well, but I plan on free wheeling down the hill after work. Hoping to gather enough coasting momentum to get me to Blackrock.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Andip wrote: »
    yep diesel....

cheapest I found was a 'Top' unmanned filling station opposite Harvey Norman - its the industrial estate with the 'Motorway' car parts place on it - you need a credit card but its 137.9 for diesel at the moment, no petrol though.....

Its probably designed for trucks, but it says cars welcome - I presume Top diesel is as good as anybody elses ?

I saw that the other day and wasn't sure if it was for commercial vehicles only. Glad to know it isn't :D

They have some pumps for both cars and commercials, cars can use either if but the car only pumps are not suitable for big commercial yokes. Also there is a pump for of red diesel in there too, not that anyone would use that in a vehicle on the road.

Advertisement