Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent allowance

Options
  • 11-03-2011 2:18pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If somebody in a house is receiving rent allowance and another person in the house then needs it at a later date, does this affect their claim in any way?

also, as I don't have a lease from my last house and the landlord never returns calls etc, how could I prove I paid rent? The house was rented out to my housemate she rented out the room. To get on social welfare I had to use her utility bill, and a letter from her, saying I lived there etc. I am unsure how I would get on rent allowance now as I would have no way to show I was paying, the rent was just paid into an account by my housemate?
    Please provide appropriate verification in respect of the above address(es) i.e. Tenancy Agreement(s), Rent
    Book(s)/receipts, utility bill(s).

No bills were in my name, etc. I have no receipts.

Advertisement