Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to bring in-laws on Paddys day?

Options
  • 11-03-2011 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭

My father in law and his partner are coming down from Derry for the Paddy's day parade. They went to New York last year for the parade and were very disappointed with it so I want to make this a good night for them. The problem is I don't know where to bring them. I would normally go to pubs around Camden/Georges St but they would be a bit old for those places. I'd like to avoid Temple Bar at all costs if I can so can anyone recommend somewhere to bring them especially somewhere that might have Irish music without a touristy feel to it? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kazvixen

Darkey Kellys bar in Copper Alley (beside the Dublin City Council building) is a good bar. They always have great traditional music on Paddys Day. It gets very packed though so get there early.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Cazale wrote: »
    My father in law and his partner are coming down from Derry for the Paddy's day parade. They went to New York last year for the parade and were very disappointed with it so I want to make this a good night for them. The problem is I don't know where to bring them. I would normally go to pubs around Camden/Georges St but they would be a bit old for those places. I'd like to avoid Temple Bar at all costs if I can so can anyone recommend somewhere to bring them especially somewhere that might have Irish music without a touristy feel to it? Thanks in advance!

The Duke just off Grafton Street is a lovely spot - and you'd never come across any "rough types". There would be a great buzz in there on Paddy's day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

+1 for The Duke,probably one of the few places in the city centre that won't be overun by drunken scumbags on paddys day.

Avoid the Temple Bar/Central Bank/O'Connell Street area's at all costs!

Advertisement