Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a cleaner in Drogheda.

Options
  • 11-03-2011 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a reliable honest cleaner in the Drogheda area with their own transport? It's about 3 miles outside Drogheda.
    It's for an elderly couple who have contractors coming once a week at the moment but they're not really doing a great job. It would probably be just for 2 - 3 hours a day, once a week, if you know anyone who could fit that in, let me know! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Which side of Drogheda?
    I used to have a cleaner who was great (can no longer afford to have her!)
    but she works Dublin Rd area only as she doesn't have a car but she cycles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

did you not try the cleaner i suggested

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Which side of Drogheda?
    I used to have a cleaner who was great (can no longer afford to have her!)
    but she works Dublin Rd area only as she doesn't have a car but she cycles!

Out by Platin/Beamore.

Yes thanks,she did, not sure what happened but I think but there was something about the travelling distance being an issue.

sudzs wrote: »
    Out by Platin/Beamore.

Might be a bit far for her, she lives in Mornington :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

sent pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Sorted! Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.

whelan1 wrote: »

whelan1, it was your person that saved the day with a suggestion of someone living a lot closer. She was really helpful! Thank her for me! And many thanks to you again too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Hi Guys,

What's the going rate for a cleaner in the Laytown, Bettystown, Mornington,Drogheda area?

Cheers,

Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Janiq

Hi Im looking for a cleaner in the mornington area, can anyone recommend someone? and what are the standard rates?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭HuntingDrog

Hi Im looking for a cleaner for a house in the northside of Drogheda town, can anyone recommend someone?

whats the normal hourly rate?

feel free to pm me with recommendations if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mofio

Looking for a House cleaner in the Drogheda area, one morning a week for 3 hours. Duties include ironing.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 gcmcollie

Hi,

I also am looking for a cleaner, any recommendations?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭HuntingDrog

gcmcollie wrote: »
    Hi,

I also am looking for a cleaner, any recommendations?

Thanks

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Anybody noticing a trend in the Drogheda area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

I've no idea on the rates for cleaners but I think around €10 is probably where one would be looking at.

The Guvnor wrote: »
    I've no idea on the rates for cleaners but I think around €10 is probably where one would be looking at.
    WOULD YOU DO IT YOURSELF FOR €10 AN HOUR:eek: i pay €50 for 3 hours job done well

I would not but that is not the point, is it.

If €50 for 3 hours is normal for Louth then that imo is far too much.

When did €17 an hour become acceptable for house cleaning? Are you paying cash for the job as well?

I would also never pay someone else €17 an hour to do it for me! :)

if you want the job done right you pay fair!

I disagree with this Whelan.

That is almost double the minimum wage.

This is more an indication as to the state of the country that people require or expect such rates for a basic albeit physical job.

I know someone who has a cleaner in the UK a posh part of Chester of all places not sure but I think she is paid £25 or £30 for 3 hours. At the higher end the cleaner here is getting 33% more per hour.

It's just a view - obviously you are happy and she is happy so all good - just I am surprised by the rate.:)

In all fairness it depends on what your cleaner does.

One of my sisters is a cleaner, she started off just working mornings while my niece and nephew were at school. She worked for one family (quite well to do busy couple with adult & adolescent children) for 3 mornings a week which has gradually changed into more of the role of housekeeper almost to the point of being a personal assistant. She gets paid well for it, along with holiday and Christmas bonuses but she's in a position of trust and responsibility and does far more than a cleaner would.

have had cleaners where i paid €10 per hour you get what youpay for,as in all jobs, pay peanuts get monkeys, you are also trusting someone in your own house... the cleaner where i paid less really where not worth it in my opinion, but as per usual everyone differs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 tullyallen50

I am looking for a cleaner three hours per week any help finding a good cleaner

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tullyallen50

Hello,

looking for a cleaner three hours a week Tullyallen can any one help

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

whelan1 wrote: »
    WOULD YOU DO IT YOURSELF FOR €10 AN HOUR:eek: i pay €50 for 3 hours job done well
    I do it myself for nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

I had a cleaner when living in Drogheda, I now live in Brussels, the rate here through an agency is €7.50 an hour, plus you can offset it against your tax. I assume the rate is subsidised here by the state, not sure if it is some way to keep people in work.

Cleaner I had wanted €12 an hour with 3 hour minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 niamhenya

Hi,
    Does anyone know of a good, honest, trustworthy cleaner with their own transport, for the Dublin rd area in Drogheda please? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 niamhenya

Hi,
    Does anyone know of a good, honest, trustworthy cleaner with their own transport, on the Dublin rd area in Drogheda please? If so, could you pass on her number please? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Janiq

Yes I do, I know a lovely lady she worked for me for a while and did a fantastic job.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Patjess

Janice, wouldyou be able to pm me the name and number of your lady please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Hi,
    Also looking for a good, honest, trustworthy cleaner with their own transport, on the Dublin rd area in Drogheda please? If so, could you pass on her number please? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Vikky

Hi. I looking for job as cleaner. Have previous experience . Pls contact me 0876379842. Also have car. Thank (drogheda)

Advertisement