Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which broadband company to choose?

• 11-03-2011 3:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46

Hi guys, I am currently with Smart with a 2mb and telephone line and currently paying €34. It is complete rubbish and am looking for a better broadband provider? Anyone got any suggestions? Looking for cheapest and most reliable provider if possible and not exceeding the current price that I am paying now :P Thanks everybody

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 louie12ie

Also anyone currently using WiMax? Ive been reading online and it seems to be getting fairly bad reviews from the strict filtering of websites that they do? But if so why are so many people switching over then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

louie12ie wrote: »
    But if so why are so many people switching over then?

Because they believe the lies and marketing BS. There are a myriad of threads about Imagine in the Midband forum.

In what way is your current broadband complete rubbish. If this is a line issue, then there's maybe nothing that can be done, and switching won't help. Without knowing your location it makes recommending other providers impossible too. No point in people recommending UPC cable or Digiweb Metro if you're in Belmullet, where neither is available.

Also, don't limit your choices based on price. If you want decent broadband, then you have have to pay for it. Restricting the price will rule out most options. If the current speed is just not good enough for you, then look at a faster (and more expensive) Smart package.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 louie12ie

True yea i know what ya mean. Its just that im trying to cut all sorts of costs down like switching from Sky to Upc and now trying to improve on the broadband. The internet seems to have a mind of its own deciding whether to work or not. At one stage when i tested the speed i got .86mb download time so in desperate need to switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

If UPC is available in your area go with them. It doesn't make sense not to if its there, 20mb BB for €34 pm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

bonkers.ie is handy as a general guide for telling you who and what packages are available in your area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement