Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity gone in most the North County

Options
  • 11-03-2011 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭

Power gone since about 1:50 in Swords, Rush, Lusk, Donabote & Skerries. Does anyone know what wrong??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Blue_Nose9

Not sure what the issue is, any idea if it's being worked on and whether or not there's an estimated fix time? That's a big area to be out...............

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

celticbest wrote: »
    Power gone since about 1:50 in Swords, Rush, Lusk, Donabote & Skerries. Does anyone know what wrong??

obviously someone forgot to put the 10 p in the meter.

looking at my half cooked chicken in the oven i am not a happy camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Peckham

I rang ESB Faults (1850 372 999). Message says there's no estimated time of repair.

Typical, I'd expect nothing less

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just back on. That was a long hour. Shows how much we take power for granted!

• Advertisement

Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just back on. That was a long hour. Shows how much we take power for granted!
    I remember back in the eighties, everyone had a gas lamp, a portable gas cooker (for making tea!) and a set of candles somewhere near the kitchen for when the power went out.

I wonder how many people have these things today?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

seamus wrote: »
    I remember back in the eighties, everyone had a gas lamp, a portable gas cooker (for making tea!) and a set of candles somewhere near the kitchen for when the power went out.

I have.

But only for the upcoming Zombie apocalypse. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

I remember a power cut a few years back when despite having a gas cooker, candles to beat the band etc I was still f**ked cos I had no matches!!
    My friend who smoked found it really amusing as I was someone who tended to complain about smokers:rolleyes::rolleyes: - Obviously this was pre-smoking ban days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Hardened, seasoned campers in this household.A wind up torch is one the the best things to be bought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

We always have a torch in the kitchen & in each of the bedrooms. And thanks to Mrs Billy's penchant for candles that's our source of light in the living room most evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

After a Christmas in the 90s when the power went and we were halfway through cooking the dinner I vowed never to be caught out. I've a 2 ring camping stove with 2 spare canisters of gas in the press. Then I've always got candles on standby along with matches and gas lighters. Wind up radios and lamps as well as torches on charge too.
    Maybe it's the old Girl Guide coming out in me.

Advertisement