Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A170 vs Micra vs Yaris

Options
  • 11-03-2011 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

I'm all sorts of confused as to which of the above cars to buy?
    All have the same mileage, all are in great nick, and all are the same money.
    The only difference between them is the Yaris is '99, and the other two are '00.

Any ideas as to what is the best/most economical/most reliable/etc?

Comments

Yaris every time. It has a stiffer suspension set up and the road noise is very high but in every other way it is better than the others if it was reasonably cared for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks.
    Was thinking the same, but needed to hear other opinions!:rolleyes:

Would it be that much better than the other two though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

the micras aren't bad I'd never go for an a170 00 though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Another vote for micra but them I am a little biased as I have one. Have mine over 3 yrs, no major problems.. its a '99. Parts are cheap and easy to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The missus went from a 99 Micra to an A140 in 01 and it was a world of difference, Dodgey (now out of business) main dealer practice aside the car was better in every way, not that that would be hard plus it's a much more expensive car. I drove a Yaris on the hibernian ignition thing around the same time and just didnt like it at all.

I hated Micra's since then. Cramped, tinny and devoid of any comforts. I got a Clio in 2000 and it was like moving up a class size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

A series can't cope up with Yaris and Micra from economy and reliability perspective. Plus that era of A series has many common problems. But it may be more flexible for needs as it is like a small mpv.

Between yaris and micra, yaris is more modern in look and technology so I would go for it for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭4odh4n

another vote for the yaris, driving an 2001 model 50+miles every day and cant say a bad thing about it, drives like the day it was new, no squeaks, creaks or rattles. easy to run and pretty simple to maintain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Yaris's are good but micras are generally cheaper, dont break down much and are very to fix, not a bad car.

Advertisement