Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motley Crue Irish Date

Options
  • 11-03-2011 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,449 ✭✭✭✭

So do you think we will ever see a motley crue show in Ireland ??. i think the o2 might be too big for them but maybe an olympia or vicar street date or even the marquee. Is there any reason why they never played Ireland Or is there just not a big fan base here.

With Mick Mars health they may not to travel that much.

Kiss PLayed last year here for the first time and Rush are playing here for the first time in may so there might be hope of an Irish Motley Crue show.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

You almost gave me a heart attack!

They played in Belfast in the 80s but that was the only date they've played obviously. Nikki was meant to play here with Brides of Destruction in 2004 but the show was cancelled at the last minute.

I don't know if Crue have something against the Government or the people here, but oddly enough, no solo act relating to the band or the band themselves (that I am aware of) have ever played in the Irish Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

alas it's not to be! had to laugh at the fright you got motley:D

shame they never came but no surprise as not enough dollars in it for them.

i was pissed at maiden for years for never playing here, no excuse for it at all.
    at the end of the day **** the props, drumkit pa and amps is all ya need the real juice is what comes out of the speakers;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Feck sake, a question mark in the title would be nice... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I've always wondered why Motley Crue never play here. It's makes me sad because i'd really love for them to come sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Realistically I don't think there would ever be a big demand for Motley Crue in Ireland, couldn't see them sell out bigger than the Olympia to be honest. Aapart from festival appearances , their own headlining tours in the UK are hardly regular - 89 then 05 I think ... (I only use the UK cos they're our nearest neighbour - but it's probably an unfair comparison due to 60million population V's 4million).

Personally speaking I think they are one of those bands whose reputation far outweighs the quality of their output.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

You almost gave me a heart attack!

me too; don't you already have a girlfriend?! .. :pac:.

there may be an unassuming cross section of Motley Crue fans here though; like the 19yo 3 times father with different girls townie type who pulled up his reebok sweater to reveal a.. motley crue tattoo. motley ain't my bag but fans are out here.

Star Bingo wrote: »
    me too; don't you already have a girlfriend?! .. :pac:.

Em...I don't follow the logic on that one, sorry....:confused:
    Star Bingo wrote: »
    Motley Crue fans here though; like the 19yo 3 times father with different girls townie type who pulled up his reebok sweater to reveal a.. motley crue tattoo.

If I ever seen that happen I would be shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

met Vince Neil at a signing/meet and greet in Vince Neil Ink in Las Vegas, 2 years back and asked him why they never play Ireland and he just replied that he didnt know and he doesnt decide that stuff!?? saw the band later that day and its pretty obvious its the Nikki and Tommy show - so they must make the calls on countries to play

i know a good few pals like myself 35/40ish who would go in a flash to a gig here - not sure what the followng from the kids these days would be

VN was a really nice guy, very happy and humble with the attention he was getting with the fans, no probs with photos autograph's - just seemed to be working on his own brand rather than promoting the the Crue

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

evillive wrote: »
    met Vince Neil at a signing/meet and greet in Vince Neil Ink in Las Vegas, 2 years back and asked him why they never play Ireland and he just replied that he didnt know and he doesnt decide that stuff!?? saw the band later that day and its pretty obvious its the Nikki and Tommy show - so they must make the calls on countries to play

i know a good few pals like myself 35/40ish who would go in a flash to a gig here - not sure what the followng from the kids these days would be

VN was a really nice guy, very happy and humble with the attention he was getting with the fans, no probs with photos autograph's - just seemed to be working on his own brand rather than promoting the the Crue

That's Vince Neil in a nutshell. Always promoting his own stuff. He has quite a good bit of business ventures so I think he loves to take the opportunity whenever he can to promote his own stuff. It's not a bad thing though, the band has enough publicity as it is so I think he has every right to push his own stuff first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

IMO Many people dont realise just how big 80s metal is getting right now with under 30s , If they played here Id imagine the crowd would be quite young.

Either way, Im off to see them with Poison, Mick mars isnt going to be around in a few years with motley IMO, one of the last chances to see the Original Crue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

evillive wrote: »
    met Vince Neil, asked him why they never play Ireland and he just replied that he didnt know and he doesnt decide that stuff!??

I'd be surprised if he could point Ireland out on a map ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

If I ever seen that happen I would be shocked

i was shocked too. maybe he had an older sister or that into em n he followed suit? also kept mentioning the movie 'The Rocker' :rolleyes: but judging by his 3 mistresses he he must have mistaken the song title for girl, girl, girl.
    kona wrote: »
    Mick mars isnt going to be around in a few years with motley IMO, one of the last chances to see the Original Crue.

am surprised Mick Mars is even still capable i saw their Bio recently, he's plagued by severe scoliosis i'd like him to continue to defy that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭kieranmcg1

The only thing iv ever heard about anyone from the crue in ireland was tommy lee on the decks in some dublin club a few years back.

I never thought motley would be big enough in ireland to play here but im sure they have similar fans to kiss and if they can play the o2 im sure the crue could.

In relation to age groups in 21 and a huge crue fan but i dont know many other people my age who are into them

kieranmcg1 wrote: »
    The only thing iv ever heard about anyone from the crue in ireland was tommy lee on the decks in some dublin club a few years back.

****, I forgot about that, he played in the Gaiety Nightclub (or was scheduled to play) around 2am in the morning. I was wondering whether I should have brought in some Crue Vinyl, would be sign it like...but I never went in the end, it was listed on his website, but it just didn't feel worth it...besides it was more of a club night thing

I remember I set a thread up about it at the time and someone else who posted said they might go in. Did anyone here go that night?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

****, I forgot about that, he played in the Gaiety Nightclub (or was scheduled to play) around 2am in the morning. I was wondering whether I should have brought in some Crue Vinyl, would be sign it like...but I never went in the end, it was listed on his website, but it just didn't feel worth it...besides it was more of a club night thing

I remember I set a thread up about it at the time and someone else who posted said they might go in. Did anyone here go that night?

He cancelled at the last minute.

kona wrote: »
    He cancelled at the last minute.

Bastard, that's exactly what happened with Brides of Destruction

Just found my old thread on that
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55187874

As I've said before, I think the nearest we're ever going to get to seeing Nikki in Ireland would be what lies in Temple Bar:mad:

3973639079_d8de501d18.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I would say the decision of where to go would lie with the record label/manager.
    I would also wager that album sales would play a major role.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jimmy_presley

They were meant to play in the RDS in 05 / 06 on the undercard of GNR. Pulled out a few months beforehand though...........and AFTER id bought my tickets. Really wanted to see GNR but mainly was going to see the crue. Was gutted they pulled out. GNR sucked, went to metallica the next days though and it rocked so it wasnt a total loss!

.......and in line with the discussion on the age of fans im 33 yrs old!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Got to see them just as they were on the rise. They opened up the Monsters Of Rock festival in Donnington in 1984 and they were fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

They were meant to play in the RDS in 05 / 06 on the undercard of GNR. Pulled out a few months beforehand though...........and AFTER id bought my tickets. Really wanted to see GNR but mainly was going to see the crue. Was gutted they pulled out. GNR sucked, went to metallica the next days though and it rocked so it wasnt a total loss!

.......and in line with the discussion on the age of fans im 33 yrs old!:)

I thought the Download '06 thing was a farce by Aiken to sell tickets for the gig. Crue had never commited to it but radio ads hit the air advertising Crue & GN'R which were only withdrawn after tickets had gone on sale.

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    I thought the Download '06 thing was a farce by Aiken to sell tickets for the gig. Crue had never commited to it but radio ads hit the air advertising Crue & GN'R which were only withdrawn after tickets had gone on sale.

It was, I remember pulling the advert with Crue out of the Evening Herald the night it was announced....few days later Motley's website makes this bizzare press release saying it had never even been approached to do the gig.

The only thing I can imagine (outside Axl throwing a fit about Vince sharing a stage with him) is someone conning Aiken into believing they represented Motley Crue when actually it was a scam....maybe Aiken paid a deposit for Motley and then got nothing in return...but even then it would have to be paid into a bank account, all that stuff is traceable, it's not like money is exchanging hands in briefcases

Obviously the Crue were just in Europe (headlined Hellfast last Saturday) and were back in the US before the sun had set on their last gig. Their current tour (presumably all with KISS) now takes them around the US until the 23rd of September...seeing as they've been pretty non stop with their Vegas residency I would think that's them finished on the road for at least six months anyway

An Irish gig, can't see it happening, unless it's a multi headline stadium thing...maybe Rock of Ages will encourage Irish promoters to keep booking bands from the movies soundtrack....

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

I would say the decision of where to go would lie with the record label/manager.
    I would also wager that album sales would play a major role.

It's generally up to the promoters as far I know. Not necessarily anything to do with the band at all.

jpm4 wrote: »
    It's generally up to the promoters as far I know. Not necessarily anything to do with the band at all.

Yes but I expect that they in turn would research a bands album sales before booking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 TrimTOODLE

So I recently went to see Motley Crue in Paris on the 18/6/12 in Le Zenith. got right up front here are some pics I took. 397.jpg

402.jpg

412.jpg

385.jpg

Awesome.
    Nice shots.

I wonder since KISS finally came here will Motley Crues management look at spreading them around too?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Awesome.
    Nice shots.

I wonder since KISS finally came here will Motley Crues management look at spreading them around too?

Hey we got KISS in 2010,Rush last year and Rammstein this year. I think we'll see another band who either hasn't played here before or in a very long time next year.It could easily be Motley Crue if they're touring.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Saw the 'Carnival Of Sins' Manchester gig back in 2005 with - I kid you not - Killing Joke opening! An unlikely pairing if ever I saw one.

The Crue could fill the o2 if it was a co-headlining tour, maybe with Alice Cooper or Def Leppard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

No, not Def Leppard again, please!!

KISS perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,449 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So 13 years later (and a after a band retirement, Mick been replaced etc) the Crue finally played Ireland, it was amazing

hope you enjoyed it @Motley Crue

Advertisement