Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cage Warriors 42, Cork City, Ireland, May 28th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

will you have the champions league final on anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

r_obric wrote: »
    will you have the champions league final on anywhere?

Ahhh my guess would be no! It sucks it's on the same night as the match. Only thing you can do is get the updates on your phone.

Ahhh my guess would be no! It sucks it's on the same night as the match. Only thing you can do is get the updates on your phone.

true, il just have to decide what pub to go to now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

Wrong forum. Football fans should be in the football forum, this is mma. Mma fans won't have to choose which pub as they will be at Neptune stadium watching an amazing Irish mma show

r_obric wrote: »
    true, il just have to decide what pub to go to now.....

Hold up, are you going to the Cage Warriors event?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Wrong forum. Football fans should be in the football forum, this is mma. Mma fans won't have to choose which pub as they will be at Neptune stadium watching an amazing Irish mma show

Bit unfair, my starting love is football and only recently has MMA / BJJ started to edge it out. If Arsenal were in the CL final i know i would be tough pushed for what i would watch and would probably pick the CL Final.

so with all the posting you do here and with your intent on becoming an mma journalist, you would choose a london football team over a huge irish mma event?
    i dont think its unfair btw, i think it belittles the show by posting about a football game on the thread. just my opinion

so with all the posting you do here and with your intent on becoming an mma journalist, you would choose a london football team over a huge irish mma event?
    i dont think its unfair btw, i think it belittles the show by posting about a football game on the thread. just my opinion

I post on the soccer forum also, i hope to become a broadcast journalist somewhere in the field of MMA yes.

Soccer has been my sport since i was a child, and i am slowly phasing it out i notice I'm coming to this board a lot more than the soccer one these days. However you have to take into account , I am 18 about to do my leaving cert which to an extent kills me, because i missed last night's show in wexford, i'll miss under seige 3 on friday, battlezone and cage warriors 28and while CW are a fantastic promotion, their last show in cork was far from huge from the numbers I've been told attended. I'd have no doubt if they moved to Dublin they would draw far greater numbers.

They put on a great show, i enjoy having the pleasure of watching live online and hopefully will have the chance to on the 28th of this month.

Also on a final note where Irish MMA is at. John Ferguson recently told me that about 30 of his tickets were bought through ticketmaster. Irish MMA strives from local fans, and a lot of the time mates of people who are fighting. As shown at Tuff last night those heckling the cornermen and rushing the cage were from the mates catagory as MMA fans don't generally act like that. So a lot of these guys may be split between the match and mma because Ireland IMO is not at a position yet to be able to stand alone and attract enough people who just want to come for MMA as opposed to their mates are fighting.

i agree with you about the state of irish mma. as to moving to dublin, i wouldnt agree. mma is very small in cork, it is much more popular in dublin, having cw here will help it grow and grow. there was still 1000 people at the last cw, bearing in mind there were only 2 local fighters on the card, if it can improve on that every show then thats great.
    cw will very soon fill the stadium every time

added to the card: Tom "The Monster" Sullivan vs Yuri Malko (The Boxing Clinic)

• Advertisement

i agree with you about the state of irish mma. as to moving to dublin, i wouldnt agree. mma is very small in cork, it is much more popular in dublin, having cw here will help it grow and grow. there was still 1000 people at the last cw, bearing in mind there were only 2 local fighters on the card, if it can improve on that every show then thats great.
    cw will very soon fill the stadium every time

The only good thing about it being so small is that it's easy for someone like me to make an early name for themselves. I've big plans for the summer and following months once i get these exams out of the way. Hopefully Irish MMA will be at the stage where we can sell out events and not have to rely on fighters to bring in a crowd.

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Bit unfair, my starting love is football and only recently has MMA / BJJ started to edge it out. If Arsenal were in the CL final i know i would be tough pushed for what i would watch and would probably pick the CL Final.

dont be daft, arsenal in a CL final, not a chance

while CW are a fantastic promotion, their last show in cork was far from huge from the numbers I've been told attended.

Can I ask what numbers you were told attended?

Can I ask what numbers you were told attended?

I was just told it was a very underwhelming number for a promotion that size, but still touched the 1,000 mark which was good considering cork and mma were only being introduced together,

I was just told it was a very underwhelming number for a promotion that size, but still touched the 1,000 mark which was good considering cork and mma were only being introduced together,

It seemed like more to me, might have been the fact that the fans were really into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Shaping up to be an absolutely cracking night of fights, can't wait for it.

as regards the crowd, I would have thought for the first event it was more than 2/3rds full, which IMO is a very decent start. I think word of mouth will help push this towards capacity this time around. The work they do on transforming the venue is something else, and from what I hear it's going to be bigger again this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭tommyl2010

i must sa im really looking forward to this show, some really great fights

confirmed:
    Darren Geasley (theboxingclinic) vs Shane Marum (Tuatha de Danan) Bantam
    Weight.
    Liam Og Griffin (K2C) vs James Heelan (SBG), Light Weight
    Sean Tobin (theboxingclinic) vs Dylan Sheehan (Sean Scoil) catch weight 64kgs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Pity it clashes with the CL final.

Liam Og trains in the gym I go to. Best of luck to him.

sky plus it and get behind your coach who needs your support more then utd do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kainer2

sky plus it and get behind your coach who needs your support more then utd do

I'm gonna follow the game on twitter lol

Speaking of which look out for lots of Twitter updates from the show and weigh-in too www.twitter.com/CageWarriors. Plus the live internet stream and TV on Setanta Sports (In Ireland) and Premier Sports in the UK.

Also 1 more fight announcement should happen today too

Then lots of media updates :)

I still think the show we did in Cork last November was the best atmosphere yet. The way the crowd got behind the fighters was great to see and watching MMA live is always a lot of fun. This event will be no exception imo

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kainer2

Due to injury we are looking for a Pro Lightweight for this Saturday's show. If you are interested contact me at ian.dean(at)cagewarriors.com or events(at)cagewarriors.com

kainer2 wrote: »
    Due to injury we are looking for a Pro Lightweight for this Saturday's show. If you are interested contact me at ian.dean(at)cagewarriors.com or events(at)cagewarriors.com

Who's out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Roar wrote: »
    Shaping up to be an absolutely cracking night of fights, can't wait for it.

as regards the crowd, I would have thought for the first event it was more than 2/3rds full, which IMO is a very decent start. I think word of mouth will help push this towards capacity this time around. The work they do on transforming the venue is something else, and from what I hear it's going to be bigger again this time.
    The Neptune Stadium was 2/3rds full on the night of the first cage fight event held there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 lambox

Is there any way of getting tickets before we head to cork,visa or prebooking of some sort.Wont be down until just before it starts and dont want to be left with none at all.

you should get them on the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 lambox

I'll chance that so.Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Just went on to MMA Junkie there and got a little suprise to see this on the main page:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23748/fight-path-detective-lawyer-dad-taught-cage-warriors-cathal-pendred-about-hard-work.mma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

Advertisement