Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cage Warriors 42, Cork City, Ireland, May 28th

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

sean tobins slam in rd 3 was pretty spectacular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭tommyl2010

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Did anyone notice Cathal cough up blood when caught in a guillotine attempt ?

he wasnt coughing up blood he cut the bottom of his gum just under his teeth so it was more than likely from that.

Really great event, the production was top notch, the bigger cage in my opinion makes a huge difference. Really great fights, Sullivan v Malko was a war! And the newman ko was excellent. Very dissapointed with how many people came, fair enough alot was on with the rugby and football but i would have at least expected the guys who were fighting.s team mates, club mates, freinds etc to show up, looked like people just werent bothered, real pity and i hope it doesnt put cw off coming back!

sean tobins slam in rd 3 was pretty spectacular

i thought that could have been a ko, im suprised it wasnt actually. But where would the rules have stood with slamming him on the back of his head?

dont think he slammed him on his head, think it was his upper back and his head bounced off the canvas, will have to watch it back though to be sure

dont think he slammed him on his head, think it was his upper back and his head bounced off the canvas, will have to watch it back though to be sure

was a great slam tho in fairness! Just looking at photos and was reminded of the body shot too in the Donnelly Malone fight!!finished the fight with a shot to the ribs!!

• Advertisement

do you have them uploaded anywhere tommy

do you have them uploaded anywhere tommy

Just editing them now so an hour or 2, ill post a link

great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Well I made the journey down to Cork last night and dragged the gf along too. And I have to say I'm delighted I went down. It was a really really enjoyable show. Even the gf loved it and she hates fighting :D
    The Newman KO was great. And so was the Leg kick from Chris Fields. Who says leg kicks don't finish fights!
    Pity about the poor turnout and some people leaving after their friends/relatives fight and not staying for the whole show.
    The only thing I will say is I got the cheaper tickets (€20) and they were better than the dearer bleacher seats. I was only about 15 feet away from the cage and had a fantastic view. I'd be pissed off if I paid for the bleacher seats and ended up further away from the action! :D
    A great nights entertainment overall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

I wish more promotions uploaded videos to youtube, some great fights there!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

So where's MMAIRELANDFAN now to say that SBG's fights are hand-picked and mismatched?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

So where's MMAIRELANDFAN now to say that SBG's fights are hand-picked and mismatched?
    Oh just leave it alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Lol don't be silly bjj-fighter that only happens on SBG Contender :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Just had a busy morning in work watching those fights, pretty awesome!! When is the next CW show in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

AFAIK CW are back in cork Aug 27th - if you are an Am or Pro fighter get your details to CW asap to be considered to be on one of the best shows in europe/world.
    i could/should keep it for myself and get all my guys on it...but it'd be nice to see more irish mma clubs taking advantage of such a great opportunity
    thanks to all the CW staff in particular clare, graham and of course wikideania for all the help and chance to be on such a big show.
    see you guys july 9th in london :)

Could agree more. Incredibly professional outfit. Run by a proud irishman who wants to see Irish fighters get to the very top. Had 4 fighters on Saturday's card, hoping to double that for august

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 lambox

x

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

http://bit.ly/mzBQn5

Newman Vs Tredowski fight made it onto MiddleEasy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 East17

Lol don't be silly bjj-fighter that only happens on SBG Contender :D

Well I didnt see Myles Price turn up to fight Tim Newman..Thats Myles 2nd time to pull out...What a chicken..He might as well use the belt he has to hold up his jeans because he hasnt bothered to compete since he robbed it...:-[

Tim would have probably destroyed him in 6 seconds anyway...!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 East17

Killme00 wrote: »
    Just had a busy morning in work watching those fights, pretty awesome!! When is the next CW show in Ireland?

Where is the fights from Cage Warriors 42 "cork" up mate..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

East17 wrote: »
    Well I didnt see Myles Price turn up to fight Tim Newman..Thats Myles 2nd time to pull out...What a chicken..He might as well use the belt he has to hold up his jeans because he hasnt bothered to compete since he robbed it...:-[

LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

East17 wrote: »

Insulting fighters/ trolling

Advertisement