Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs in Sligo

Options
  • 11-03-2011 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

How ya doing lads and lassies,

going up to sligo tomorrow for the match with shamrock rovers, bus back to dublin ain't until 2am, just wondering if you could give me any ideas or good places to go to pass the time, preferably a decent pub or nightclub,

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Since it's a Saturday night most of the pubs will be full and have stuff on. What are you in to?

Try The Garavogue, Kennedys, Fiddlers. The main nightclub - the Velvet Rooms is open too - be sure to dress decently with no trainers/sports gear for getting in to most places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

The three nightclubs in Sligo town are the Clarence, Toffs and Pure. Toffs and Pure are your generic nightclubs, Clarence tends to have more "rocky" or "alternative" music but thats only half the time :P All of those cost money to enter (about a tenner). They're all over 18s (Toffs is maybe over 19s, can't remember). The Velvet Rooms is another club - over 21s I believe so if you're older, that'd be the club to head to.

There are 2 main late bars - the Garavogue and Shenanigans. Either is probably a better bet than the clubs as they are free in, have live DJs, small dancefloors, late bars and are usually jammed.

There's loads of pubs around the place with normal pub operating times - sure just stick your head in to see if you fancy any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Toffs-18-21 year old
    pure 21and up
    velvet rooms 21 and up
    clarence 18and up
    late bars
    fiddlers creeck
    garavouge
    mc hughs
    shennigans
    i am probaly missing 1 or 2 more

Advertisement