Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of an old matress?

• 11-03-2011 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭

Anyone know if there is a service in Waterford to collect and dispose of (correctly!) an old matress?

Does the recycle centre in Kilbarry take them or somewhere else?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Somebody is actually looking for an old matress on this weeks munster espress..

and no its not me , i just remember looking at it and thinking.. eh ok

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭messynessie

In City Square today there were people from Nickys Furniture advertising mattress trade in. Could be handy if you were looking at replacing the one you're getting rid of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

MrMagoo wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is a service in Waterford to collect and dispose of (correctly!) an old matress?

Does the recycle centre in Kilbarry take them or somewhere else?

Cheers.

Have same prob meself with a single mattress. Kilbarry take em with 3 x €8 bin tags, not cheap that's why still have mine. If you live in council area and want colllection it's an extra €8 bin tag.

These are celtic tiger prices and no sign of council getting realistic with the current recession and don't hold your breath on that one. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Have same prob meself with a single mattress. Kilbarry take em with 3 x €8 bin tags, not cheap that's why still have mine. If you live in council area and want colllection it's an extra €8 bin tag.

this explains then why most rural roads i see dumped mattresses. recycling incentives i think not.:mad:

Advertisement