Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Realms for PS3 (free to play MMO)

Options
  • 11-03-2011 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭

US Playstation blog

5515182711_9eb08f495d.jpg

SOE’s free MMO is making its way from PC to the PS3 on March 29th, this will be the very first casual and/or free-to-play MMO ever to be offered on PSN.

Rather have DC online free instead or 1 of many other mmos, but as free to play mmos would be better suited to console this is a good start.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

there'll be trophies to unlock too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It's out now, free if you have a U.S. account

20 mb initial download, then an 800mb install

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Played it last year for a while on the pc, it was pretty good for a free2play game, gonna check it out on the PS3 as id be interested in seeing how it transitions over to console!

Ugh this is not for me at all, seems like it's aimed at 9 year old girls.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ShaneU wrote: »
    Ugh this is not for me at all, seems like it's aimed at 9 year old girls.

Well its free so don't complain. I think its not that bad. Would be insanely popular if it was on Facebook though. Its got almost 2 million PC users which is pretty decent for any standard.

• Advertisement

To what extent is it free though, ten seconds in and they were trying to charge me for having a pet cat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

ShaneU wrote: »
    To what extent is it free though, ten seconds in and they were trying to charge me for having a pet cat

Pretty much :D, you can play the game without paying anything but itll be as basic as fup :D

Advertisement