Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy WW2 loadouts

• 11-03-2011 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭

Hey All
    iv decided to get two WW2 loadouts for when i start to skirmish
    I am looking for US airborne loadout and a British Paratroop loadout
    i am aware of SoF military but I am just wondering is there any other
    stores with competitve prices?
    also looking for Pro's and Con's pf SoF military.

Thanks
    Scody

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭OddysAirsoft

What size are you because I am gonna sell a brand new never worn 101st airborne DDay m1942 suit the trousers are a 36 waist and the top is 44 chest(i think) cost me 90 sterling and I will be putting it up on the advert section shortly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

What size are you because I am gonna sell a brand new never worn 101st airborne DDay m1942 suit the trousers are a 36 waist and the top is 44 chest(i think) cost me 90 sterling and I will be putting it up on the advert section shortly

im 35 waist and 41 chest so they would be ideal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I went for a British Para loadout last year - believe me, it will not be cheap.
    A Dennison Smock, surplus or repro will cost you up to €150 or even more.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    I went for a British Para loadout last year - believe me, it will not be cheap.
    A Dennison Smock, surplus or repro will cost you up to €150 or even more.

Yeah noticed that. I'm kinda lookin for a loadiut to go with my sten so I'll prop do a Brit commando or French resistance. Or if anyone has any suggestions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭TerrenceAnth

Iv gone for the 101st airborne layout myself these ww2 layouts cost an arm and a leg but they look well when its all together.

Anyone know where to get a cheap pair of jump boots? I seen them on SOF but 60 euro =(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Iv gone for the 101st airborne layout myself these ww2 layouts cost an arm and a leg but they look well when its all together.

Anyone know where to get a cheap pair of jump boots? I seen them on SOF but 60 euro =(

Word to the wise. Of all the WW2 load-outs to choose, you've picked the one that requires 100% effort and no cut corners. Everyone knows the 101st airborne load-out eyes blindfolded in a dark room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Also, show respect for whatever one you chose, too many people do ti because they just like the idea. Learn about the 101st and the British Para, show respect and don't wear patches you don't have the right to, it annoys some people to a rather large extent.

Also, show respect for whatever one you chose, too many people do ti because they just like the idea. Learn about the 101st and the British Para, show respect and don't wear patches you don't have the right to, it annoys some people to a rather large extent.

have to agree,. have knowledge of the sudject and respect for it

Agree 100% I did my leaving cert history project on the 101st airborne and coverd most if not all of there jumps. I love the 101st airborne its just so dear to get the image right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

For an accurate uniform wouldn't you have to wear patches you don't have the right to, such as the screaming eagle shoulder patch or a rank insignia? Or are you thinking more along the lines of ribbons and other decorations?

dont worry im a big WW2 enthusiast and was long before i knew what airsoft was. ive been to normandy 5 times been to belgium(bastogne)/holland once and germany/poland 2 times. ive collected dog tags from every museum i visited. Even if i dont use it airsoft (which i probably will) i would love to have it as a collector item as such. i have even go a go on an active M1 Sherman tank that they had at the D-Day remembrance day which was class

Edit: also had the experience of seeing hitler retreat near Berchtesgaden (aka The eagles nest) which was pretty impressive

may i ask where you see them for 60 euro because that is a whopper deal

Sorry mate i ment 84 i dunno where the 60 came from but i know e-bay comes up with them now and then :)

Evade wrote: »
    For an accurate uniform wouldn't you have to wear patches you don't have the right to, such as the screaming eagle shoulder patch or a rank insignia? Or are you thinking more along the lines of ribbons and other decorations?

good point and to answer it i think you have to define the term patchs a lot more as this debate is had even amongst the reenactment community

if your producing an accuracy impression it is normally acceptable to use accurate unit patchs ( in this case 101st would be us flag and an airborne patch maybe ) but you would not wear medal flashs, unit citations or qualification tabs e.g any awards , unless of course you have actually earned them yourself

when it comes to rank again you have much debate within airsoft and reenactors, some units will have a structure to support the rank tabs they wear in the unit where as others will only wear what they have earned themselves

In the end there is no law against it ( well in this country anyway go to others and there is inface laws against this kinda thing ) so it comes down to yourself. I would always say the important thing to think about is context, am i doing this to show off ( the habit of some airsofters to apply all the 'cool' patchs just to look cool ) and using accurate patchs to finish of an impression which you have researched fully , also it depends on the event, for a sunday skirmish full unit patchs i would say are inappropriate but for a period accurate milsim/filmsim ww2 event it would be more appropriate.

As i said before this debate is not just had in the airsoft community but also in the reenactment community so there is no hard and fast answer as all view points can but forward very compelling arguments.

Puding wrote: »
    good point and to answer it i think you have to define the term patchs a lot more as this debate is had even amongst the reenactment community

if your producing an accuracy impression it is normally acceptable to use accurate unit patchs ( in this case 101st would be us flag and an airborne patch maybe ) but you would not wear medal flashs, unit citations or qualification tabs e.g any awards , unless of course you have actually earned them yourself

when it comes to rank again you have much debate within airsoft and reenactors, some units will have a structure to support the rank tabs they wear in the unit where as others will only wear what they have earned themselves

In the end there is no law against it ( well in this country anyway go to others and there is inface laws against this kinda thing ) so it comes down to yourself. I would always say the important thing to think about is context, am i doing this to show off ( the habit of some airsofters to apply all the 'cool' patchs just to look cool ) and using accurate patchs to finish of an impression which you have researched fully , also it depends on the event, for a sunday skirmish full unit patchs i would say are inappropriate but for a period accurate milsim/filmsim ww2 event it would be more appropriate.

As i said before this debate is not just had in the airsoft community but also in the reenactment community so there is no hard and fast answer as all view points can but forward very compelling arguments.

Hey Puding

i wouldnt be getting the ranks symbols for the arms of the jacket anyway but do you know what peoples view is on a Ranked Helmet? would people think you shouldnt have because you havent earned it?

thanks for the help :)
    Sean

hey all :)

im just wondering if someone could advise me on the best price i could get cocoran jump boots? now i dont want to come across as being cheap for this load-out and i will pay the £120 on SOF if needs be its just being 17 i dont have that kind of money lying around :P

Thanks
    Sean

Advertisement