Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom Go Live 1000 new version 10.495 update rolled out

Options
  • 11-03-2011 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

...downloading now :) will see, whats new after update

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Wrong labeling on that. It actually 10.111

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

thats right, updater said 10.495 but system info shows 10.111 :)
    .. well, no new features found but tt seems to work a little bit faster :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jackdoes

Hey,

My TomTom was stolen and am planning on getting a new one. I have seen the 1000 a lot over the past year and have held off upgrading because of all the bad press. Product released before it was finished, etc, etc.

I was going to wait until this settled a bit but need a new TomTom now. Do you recommend going for the 1000 of holding back on the older platform?

One of my main concerns is moving my POI's. The last time my TomTom was stolen I got a new one and was really impressed with the restore feature. I think as of this week we can now put POI's on the 1000.

Anyway, so much info out there so I am hoping I can get some unbiased advice from the boardies.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

well, had loads of troubles with my first go live 1000 but new one is ok :)
    have to say, some features are missing: custom voices, custom map colors, map share not working ... but device work very fast, builit-in touch screen is superb quality ( even 'pinch' working like in apple devices ), internal speaker is much better too (in compare to previous, eg go950) , fact, go live series seems to be quite pricey (missing features) but TT probably will fix this in next firmwares (they promised something like 'app store' for it : ) )
    ..conclusion:

pros:
    - very fast route calculation
    - very sensitive gps receiver
    - superb quality glossy touch screen (best on market)
    - superb sound quality
    - working LIVE services
    - builit-in Google search ---> very handy
    - improved voice recognition
    - bt hands-free
    - magnetic clip-on windscreen mount
    - design --> love it :)

cons:
    - no custom voices
    - no custom map colors
    - no map share
    - no fm transmitter
    - no support for bt remote
    - no music player
    - impossible to use device builit-in memory

finally,
    get it or not...choice is yours

Rgrds,
    stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Considering purchasing either go live 1000 or go live 820. 1000 has years free live services, but not 820. Anyone know how much the go live subscription is from tom tom? and is it a once of or a yearly subscription? I can't find the cost on the tom tom site. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Live services is €49.95 per year.

I would seriously consider the 820. The 1000 seems to be very problematic. I have the 1000 and think it is a very fragile device, very slow and not worth the money it costs.

The 820 seems like a much more robust device (like the quality you would expect from tomtom).

Surprised you dont get a 1yr free services. Thought that came with all devices (to try and get you hooked on them). The google search is excellent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Thanks all! Any opinion in the Via 120 Europe? Saw that today for 199

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

was a new version rolled out today?

says i am on 10.501.739168.74 9/8/2011

BArra wrote: »
    was a new version rolled out today?

says i am on 10.501.739168.74 9/8/2011
    I got that update a few days back. No noticeable changes. Probably bug fix's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Anybody using the "read aloud street names" feature on the Go Live 1000?

I recently purchased one and have downloaded all updates but this option is greyed out and cannot be selected. Anybody got any advice?

It works fine on My 1000 & 1005 . Have you got a computerised voice selected? It won't be available on a human voice,

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

I had computer voice selected and it did give me POI warnings etc. but no street names.
    I went through the process of de-selecting computer voice and re-selecting and now the options are available.
    Thanks Koolkid for your help. No doubt I will be back with more questions as I get to use it more.

danjo

Anytime Danjo.;)

Advertisement