Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Idea, Bad Idea?

• 11-03-2011 7:57pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just want to run an idea past some of the members of the DF that may frequent this forum. I'm a member of the reserve and have an issue that I would like to see dealt with. I've spoken to my unit commander and passed on the issue to two members of RDFRA in the last couple of months, both of whom have failed to get back on the issue. Before I'm told to wait and see, I think 6 months is long enough.

My question is, if I were to esclate the issue to PDFORRA, would I be put in my place? Or would an alternative option be better, have my unit commander pass it higher power.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

My question is, if I were to esclate the issue to PDFORRA, would I be put in my place? Or would an alternative option be better, have my unit commander pass it higher power.

The hint is in the name - PDFORRA. They won't deal with you at all. If you have a problem with how your chain of command is dealing with you and if RDFRA are being their usual useless selves, you can contact the ODF, depending on the issue, of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭SIRREX

Donny5 wrote: »
    The hint is in the name - PDFORRA. They won't deal with you at all. If you have a problem with how your chain of command is dealing with you and if RDFRA are being their usual useless selves, you can contact the ODF, depending on the issue, of course.

Correct, even if you're in the PDF, PDFORRA do not officially represent you unless you are a PDFORRA member so I doubt whether they'll want to know about the problems of RDF members unless it's an issue which directly impacts on the PDF

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Thanks for the information. I'll be sure to keep away from sending any emails to PDFORRA. From the emails I have sent to two different commitee members, the last correspondance I recieved was back in October and none from the second person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

As you call it an issue, I assume some negative incident has taken place? If so, the complaints procedures are laid out in A7 Chapter 2. If you take the formal route of writing to your O/C, you must receive redress to your satisfaction within 7 days, or have the matter referred to your CO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 josephxxx451

*.*.It would appear that your commanders have deemed that your "complaint", or whatever you call it, as too trivial to warrant a responce. More than likley they have correctly identified an attention seeker looking for a confrontation, and thus will be pursuing a policy of ignorance, which is right and proper given the circumstances. Perhaps it would be best for you to man up, or find another way to spend your Tuesday nights/weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

DFR A7 Chapter 2 deals with the complaints procedure and redress of wrongs.

If you feel your complaint or issue warrants the attention of your Commanding Officer and are unhappy with his/her decision then the procedure to follow is outlined in that document. Available of DF Intranet & from Unit Orderly rooms, also from BPSSO and DFRAs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

*.*.It would appear that your commanders have deemed that your "complaint", or whatever you call it, as too trivial to warrant a responce. More than likley they have correctly identified an attention seeker looking for a confrontation, and thus will be pursuing a policy of ignorance, which is right and proper given the circumstances. Perhaps it would be best for you to man up, or find another way to spend your Tuesday nights/weekends.

Thanks for the input, Much appriciated. The issue is, that I've made contact with RDFRA on 2 occasions in the last 3 months. I only received a follow up to my concern this week from the national secratary. My issue is not a complaint and has been taken on board by my OC who has refered it on to the legal officer in the west. It's not in my interest at the moment to discuss anything, but to resolve my issue, it must go alittle higher than brigade level and that would be the reason now for any detail. Thanks again for your sound input though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Thanks for the input, Much appriciated. The issue is, that I've made contact with RDFRA on 2 occasions in the last 3 months. I only received a follow up to my concern this week from the national secratary. My issue is not a complaint and has been taken on board by my OC who has refered it on to the legal officer in the west. It's not in my interest at the moment to discuss anything, but to resolve my issue, it must go alittle higher than brigade level and that would be the reason now for any detail. Thanks again for your sound input though.

Good stuff. Don't listen to that eejit. If you think it needs sorting, get it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

While PDFORRA are prevented by statute in assisting members of the RDF in any matter, they might be the ones to point you in the right direction. RDFRA are not much good for resolving any issues, I wouldn't bother with them.
    Its your CO, then Brigade, then CoS, then ODF in that order.

Thanks lads for that. The CO has passed it up and will get back to me as soon as he hears anything, which could take a while. So I'm prepared to hurry up and wait again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Thanks lads for that. The CO has passed it up and will get back to me as soon as he hears anything, which could take a while. So I'm prepared to hurry up and wait again.

It is a waiting game, and you are working to their schedule, not yours.

Advertisement