Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Iphone

• 11-03-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, just wondering can anyone tell me of a place that will unlock an iphone 3 near the university? want to get it done before i leave for the summer
    Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

unlock or jailbreak? a simple blank sim card should unlock it for you no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭padraig91

What firmware is it on? its easy enough to do it yourself and dosnt take that long

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sully0182

I don't know if i need to unlock or jailbreak. The iphone is on the 02 network and i want to use it on meteor. If i could get all the features working too that'd be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭padraig91

well once you jailbreak the phone you will have an app called Cydia then you can download an app using Cydia that will unlock the phone
    if you go into the phone setting you should be able to find out what firmware it is on (prob under general)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭mangled

give O2 a ring on 1747(i think) and they do it for free. u may have to wait a few days and u will need your serial number of the phone, *#06#, when you ring them. Save u jailbreakin the phone and loosing your warranty as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Why would you move to Meteor? Coverage is terrible, I moved to Vodafone when I got my iPhone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 monks2008

padraig91 wrote: »
    What firmware is it on? its easy enough to do it yourself and dosnt take that long

05.16.02 is the firmware how do i unlock it

Advertisement