Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best ways to advertise a facebook fan page competition

Options
  • 11-03-2011 9:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi guys, I've recently set up a facebook page competition for 500 free business cards from a Dublin printing company.

I was wondering what is the best way to spread the word of it?

suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

Two questions for you:
    Are you looking to advertise the comp free of charge or spend money on it?
    What's your business?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Go-Go-Gadget

For free, we are a Dublin based printing company. (www.facebook.com/GrehanPrinters)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

Here's some things that come to mind:

Tell Previous Customers
    Boards.ie Signature With Details
    Email Signature With Details
    Poster In Reception
    Poster In Work Vehicle Back/Side Windows
    Facebook, Blog, Website
    Direct Email To Previous Customers

If you teamed up with a marketing person could you offer a more compelling offer such as your business card offer along with a free one-hour marketing mentor session?

Local Newsletter/Papers
    Local Radio Station

With the above two media I can only see them being interested if you could go to them as an expert with some solid facts, like 'business cards and flyers have X amount of a response rate' and 'people are more likely to pick up/browse flyers in hotel lobbies and post offices, etc'. If you went to them able to offer expert advice to their listeners you may then be able to slip in a mention of your special offer.

These are probably all things that you've already thought of.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bbeck11

Im running a similar contest now. Any advice on how your competition went and what you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Sorry if this seems a stupid question, but what is the purpose of the competition. Are you just using it to drive traffic to a new FB page or is it general awareness. The answer is kind of relevant to how you might go about promoting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 bbeck11

it would be to raise the fan base on facebook and drive traffic to it. i was thinking about doing an online campaign using facebook would you know anything about that? Thanks!!

Advertisement