Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man UTD v Arsenal (FA Cup Quarter Final: 5.15pm - ITV)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Oh, VDS obviously wasn't feeling the real emotion I put into my begging post.

PLEASE ****ING STAY VDS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

tommyhaas wrote: »
    FFS, how is he a horrible man? A few bad tackles?

Intentionally bad tackles throughout his career, lack of respect for his fellow pro's and ref's, dyes his hair a lighter shade of ginger, aloof.

He's not a ridiculously horrible man, but he's on the scale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

flahavaj wrote: »
    I don't really give a sh*t about Arsenal and their constant litany of perceived injustices tbh.

He thought you were an Arsenal fan complaining about the decision, not a united fan saying ye deserve bit of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

adox wrote: »
    He was talking about United. :confused:

Apologies. Thought it was a paranoid Arsenal fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

SantryRed wrote: »
    What did Scholes do? Two good tackles. Not even a United fan.
    Did you not see his amazing pass to rooney?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭TheEscapist

Great win from a pretty unorthodox team and Valencia looked much sharper than I expected. Rooney keeping himself amongst the goals is really important too coming up to the end of the season. But overall Vidic, Smalling and Van Der Sar were the difference. Good game to watch too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Intentionally bad tackles throughout his career, lack of respect for his fellow pro's and ref's, dyes his hair a lighter shade of ginger, aloof.

719061190-OPTB91.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I think getting beat by a midfield combo of Raf-gibson-oshea-fab

should be the kick in arse that they all need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Dont agree with that at all, and Im a Liverpool fan btw. Yea he's gulity of a few bad tackles but if thats all the mud you can sling at him after 15 years in the public eye, he cant be that horrible a person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

flahavaj wrote: »
    719061190-OPTB91.JPG
    The little engine that could :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Headshot wrote: »
    The little engine that could :D

Toot Toot!:D

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

I'd agree to an extent but they created a lot more than the scoreline suggests. United played really well defensively.

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Dont agree with that at all, and Im not a Liverpool fan btw. Yea he's gulity of a few bad tackles but if thats all the mud you can sling at him after 15 years in the public eye, he cant be that horrible a person

That's what i said. He's not exceptionally horrible.

I don't understand why people get butthurt about it, i was effusive in my praise of the player in the Paul Scholes appreciation thread. I don't like him as man, so what? No need for people to get so effeminate about it.

Not directing that at you Tommy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

On paper probably the worst midfield Sir Alex has put but done the job.
    I feel for Arsenal fans,they must be the most frustrated fans in football history..

Smalling,what a player,continues his rise,surely a world class centre half in the making
    VDS,please dont go.............
    Was pleasntly surprised by the game as on seeing the team i was anxious to say the least

Well done Utd. We were crap, and with Djourou out, the titles yours. :(

Papa Smut wrote: »

The league is far from over yet. Arsenal are very much in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Hope he isn't seriously injured, would take the last part of your sentence now if it was possible but league is in the balance for both clubs imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

That's what i said. He's not exceptionally horrible.

I don't understand why people get butthurt about it, i was effusive in my praise of the player in the Paul Scholes appreciation thread. I don't like him as man, so what? No need for people to get so effeminate about it.

Not directing that at you Tommy.

:pac:

Well if you can't like Paul Scholes as a person, in light of a mountain of evidence solely stating how nice he is, there's literally no hope for you.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Smalling,what a player,continues his rise,surely a world class centre half in the making

Yeah he just looks better and better with every match. That £10m is starting to look like money well spent.

Not with Kos and Squill as our CB's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Stop dangling the carrot at them Headshot! :D

No word on Vermaelen at all?

You never know

Utd are awful away from home and isnt the Verm coming back soon anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Did you not see his amazing pass to rooney?

Yes I know that.

I'm talking about people complaining about Scholes' tackles. They were both full of venom but not fouls. Especially the first one. Clearly got the ball and smashed the Arsenal player. 10 years ago that's a great fcuking tackle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

How many kicks in the arse do they need at this stage? I've defended the underperformers in this Arsenal team a lot over the years but over the past couple of weeks I've really lost hope. Frustrating.

Having said that, it would be nice if a bit of luck went our way for once. That's probably Djourou out for the rest of the season.

Well if you can't like Paul Scholes as a person, in light of a mountain of evidence solely stating how nice he is, there's literally no hope for you.

In my defence, i've not seen this evidence. I can only go on what i see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

No word on Vermaelen at all?

He had another relapse. April at the earliest now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭amy21

But Ginger people are evil everyone knows that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Frisbee wrote: »
    Pathetic.

I almost wish you had have hammered us 5 or 6 nil. Might have made this group of spineless 'professionals' realise that they have to actually put some effort in if they want to win games.

wow. I can understand what you are saying but its a bit harsh on some of the Arsenal players.

I'd love Jack W at United. Class act

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Yes I know that.

I'm talking about people complaining about Scholes' tackles. They were both full of venom but not fouls. Especially the first one. Clearly got the ball and smashed the Arsenal player. 10 years ago that's a great fcuking tackle.

He got no ball in the second tackle, he got no man either, it was just a lunge into thin air really, the bigger question is why is he doing it 2 nil up in injury time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Delighted with the result ,considering the midfield that started I thought United handled Arsenal very well.

Of course very little said on the tackle on Scholes seconds before he went in....expected.

From my experiences in OT this December, I'm delighted yet again we bet them. Horrible set of fans from what I could tell. Spurs fans who majority are from the same neck of the woods, whom I've seen 4 times...are miles apart in terms of behaviour, manners, fun and entertainment.

And I'm not going to text "hahaha" to the so called Arsenal fans gobsh1tes that did to me when United lost to Chelsea.I'm going to enjoy this game as it was any other regular win.

Nice to see you Valencia.

Good lad Wayne.

I love you Paul Scholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

amy21 wrote: »
    He got no ball in the second tackle, he got no man either, it was just a lunge into thin air really, the bigger question is why is he doing it 2 nil up in injury time

Inexperience, in time he will improve his tackling :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Trilla wrote: »
    Of course very little said on the tackle on Scholes seconds before he went in....expected.

From my experiences in OT this December, I'm delighted yet again we bet them. Horrible set of fans from what I could tell. Spurs fans who majority are from the same neck of the woods, whom I've seen 4 times...are miles apart in terms of behaviour, manners, fun and entertainment.

And I'm not going to text "hahaha" to the so called Arsenal fans gobsh1tes that did to me when United lost to Chelsea.I'm going to enjoy this game as it was any other regular win.

Good lad Wayne.

I love you Paul Scholes.

Trust me United fans are well able to do that, very well able.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

In what way, just out of interest?

peabutler wrote: »
    Trust me United fans are well able to do that, very well able.

Thanks, but I was just saying I'm not going to do it. Having a bit a meme time in my post.

meme!
    cson wrote: »
    In what way, just out of interest?

Could be a once off, but my season ticket is close to the away fans. There was a very large section of them giving a lot of vulgar abuse. I had my Dad over and wasnt a bit happy. Then this other eldery man got hit on the hed with what seemed to be a keyring.

I wasnt impressed with the stewards in OT either I have to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

Good lad Wayne.

I love you Paul Scholes.

You're going to have to elaborate on that.

Edit: So Arsenal have horrible fans? What about the chants at Wenger? are they not vulgar?? come out of it FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Could be a once off, but my season ticket is close to the away fans. There was a very large section of them giving a lot of vulgar abuse. I had my Dad over and wasnt a bit happy. Then this other eldery man got hit on the hed with what seemed to be a keyring.

Re the abuse - you get that in every ground. Not condoning it but United fans have doled out more than their fair share at Wenger over the years for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Djourou out for the season with dislocated shoulder according to Wenger.

• Advertisement

So Arsenal have horrible fans? What about the chants at Wenger? are they not vulgar?? come out of it FFS

Off the high horse. I'm delighted United beat Arsenal because of a personal experience I encountered.

Everyone has bad fans obviously, not everyone experiences it though.
    cson wrote: »
    Re the abuse - you get that in every ground. Not condoning it but United fans have doled out more than their fair share at Wenger over the years for example.

I agree dude, stupid chant(s). I just didnt feel 100% comfortable or safe for that manner when they played previously.

I didnt mean to bring this down this route, just happy United won for more reasons than we're in the semi-finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

adox wrote: »
    Djourou out for the season with dislocated shoulder according to Wenger.

Thats terrible news for Arsenal obviously, Hopefully vermalean gets fit soon

Off the high horse. I'm delighted United beat Arsenal because of a personal experience I encountered.

Everyone has bad fans obviously, not everyone experiences it though.

I agree dude, stupid chant(s). I just didnt feel 100% comfortable or safe for that manner when they played previously.

I didnt mean to bring this down this route, just happy United won for more reasons than we're in the semi-finals.

Surely if your season ticket is beside the away fans your well used to the abuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I had to work today thus missing our great victory. Off to OT on Tuesday which more than makes up for things :D.

Are the highlights on any channel tonight? I don't see it listed on ITV or BBC :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Bar the tackles, a brilliant performance by Scholes when he came on.

At least 3 superb 50 yard passes, and totally took the sting out of the game by keeping the ball after a period of Arsenal dominance.

For the sole reason alone of coming on in the last 20 mins and keeping control of a game, Scholes should be kept for a year on a decent contract. Everything else he brings will be a bonus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

dceire wrote: »
    I had to work today thus missing our great victory. Off to OT on Tuesday which more than makes up for things :D.

Are the highlights on any channel tonight? I don't see it listed on ITV or BBC :confused:

setanta sports 1 tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Bar the tackles, a brilliant performance by Scholes when he came on.

At least 3 superb 50 yard passes, and totally took the sting out of the game by keeping the ball after a period of Arsenal dominance.

For the sole reason alone of coming on in the last 20 mins and keeping control of a game, Scholes should be kept for a year on a decent contract. Everything else he brings will be a bonus
    Plus he can continue to mentor Rafael on the art of tackling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

Get over yourself. The abuse that United fans shout at Wenger?? Ever hear that did you? So bad that Ferguson himself has had to ask you lot to quit it. If you don't want to hear vulgar chants then OT is the wrong place to be going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

setanta sports 1 tonight

Crap, anywhere I can watch it online?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Advertisement