Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man UTD v Arsenal (FA Cup Quarter Final: 5.15pm - ITV)

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    That's what i said. He's not exceptionally horrible.

I don't understand why people get butthurt about it, i was effusive in my praise of the player in the Paul Scholes appreciation thread. I don't like him as man, so what? No need for people to get so effeminate about it.

Not directing that at you Tommy.

You don't like him as a man? Really? And ..... am..... how well do you know him? Do you not mean you don't like him as a footballer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

That game made me feel like this song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That Scholes "tackle" was shocking. If he had been sent of there, would have been a different game.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

K-9 wrote: »
    That Scholes "tackle" was shocking. If he had been sent of there, would have been a different game.
    Yeah, Arsenal would have really turned it around in the last 4 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Great player, horrible man.
    Intentionally bad tackles throughout his career, lack of respect for his fellow pro's and ref's, dyes his hair a lighter shade of ginger, aloof.

He's not a ridiculously horrible man, but he's on the scale.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHJx8taSxA2ZLNn_UrT25qF6rqD6IaEpd0ouul8-gyO7ROsrDhng&t=1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Arsenal were down to 10 men too weren't they ? Doubt it would have made any difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Intentionally bad tackles throughout his career, lack of respect for his fellow pro's and ref's, dyes his hair a lighter shade of ginger, aloof.

He's not a ridiculously horrible man, but he's on the scale.

And if we're talking about ridiculous posts, then that one is off the ****in scale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Your "humour" isn't exactly comparing like-for-like. 4 minutes v 10 men or 45 minutes...hmm.

You can't try and compare what was said last week with today to try and belittle reasonable comments from last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Horrible few days for Arsenal, I'm sure they'll come back from this. Djorou is a big loss. He was immense in the Nou Camp. I don't think they'll fall to pieces like some think. Only one competition left to fight for and it will be exactly that - a fight.
    amy21 wrote: »
    Surely if your season ticket is beside the away fans your well used to the abuse

G1032 wrote: »
    Get over yourself. The abuse that United fans shout at Wenger?? Ever hear that did you? So bad that Ferguson himself has had to ask you lot to quit it. If you don't want to hear vulgar chants then OT is the wrong place to be going

This will be the last thing I say on this. I didnt mean to upset or annoy people.

It wasnt chanting, it was hanging over railings...trying to get at the United fans, not watching the game. Really intimidating stuff. Not a bunch of idiots singing a discusting song. I don't condemn or does anyone here songs about Wenger. I've seen the Liverpool fans sing/do the airoplane Munich songs. Disgusting stuff but I didn't feel uncomfortable. I did when the Arsenal fans were there. I'm not making this out as an attack on all Arsenal fans or a defence of United fans.

My point, my experience => My seats are beside the away fans and they were the worst I experienced. That experience will stay with me and thats why this victory is a little bit more sweeter.

Someone else may have a difference experience/opinion on other team(s), even with their own set of fans.

I hear the Stoke fans are 100 times worse, I cant say though nor can I paint all Arsenal fans with the same brush. Those large group that were are at OT that I can though. I dont think comparing a stupid ignorant song about Wenger with what I heard and saw can be done. Plenty of eldery folks and kids around. First time I clinched my fist with sheer joy at the away fans walking out. Today felt very similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Shocked at the responses! ;)
    Only slagging.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Only slagging.
    ah that wasn't nearly ridiculous enough. I said that after I got serious responses saying that Qatar were going to buy United and spend £500m in the Summer. You need to up your game :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Great game, best team performance of the season for me. Squad stretched and everyone stepped up to the plate.

AFC were unlucky better finishing and a no VDS and it would have been a different game.

Thought Rooney was exceptional today, dropped back to the midfield worked hard made his passes and a clever goal. VDS and Notso Smalling were the other 2 stand outs for me. But so many good ones. JOS the twins Gibson all did their jobs really well.

Also thought Scholes tackles were grand. Atmosphere sounded great on the tv too.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭JayMul

I actually think Rooney played as an out an out midfielder in the first half & he could actually do a job there if he wanted to.

Rafael and Fabio impressed on the wings but they are still very raw and I can understand their removal when the intensity was turned up, especially considering Rafael's luck with referee decisions. O'Shea was pedestrian and can't remember seeing much of him, Gibson had a decent first half but then faded into obscurity in the second. Still would prefer to see him starting every week than Carrick.

Being realistic VDS saved our asses today and Sagna might have inadvertently bolloxed things up for Arsenals EPL chances (hopefully).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

When I heard the line up for the game, my first thought was that Ferguson was giving the fingers up to the entire midfield. A kind of.. well lads, if you can't hack it, then I'll draft in some defenders to do your job for you.

And he was right to do so. Our midfield have let us down badly in recent games.

However, it was a risky move. It could have backfired on him. It nearly did. For the first 20 minutes, Arsenal had control of the game, but the two Da Silva boys were fantastic. I love those lads - they have spirit, they have passion & they don't give a **** who they are up against - they just get out there & play.

This was a season breaking game, just as it was in the same fixture three years ago & I'm delighted United came out on top.

Two patched up teams fought each other on the back of some bad defeats & I have to say that it was a good contest, fairly fought. No bad referee decisions & no major controversys for once.

Sorry to the see the Arsenal lad getting injured. Bad injury from what I hear - I'm sure his team mate is pretty shook up over it. I was rooting for Arsenal too against Barca, but not today.

Today I'm happy out.

Not because Arsenal lost, but because United won.

And as a PS, I will weep a tear when Edwin hangs his gloves up at the end of the season. He's an outstanding keeper, a true United legend, and by all accounts, a real gentleman both in the game and out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭amy21

Only slagging.

Don't you worry iago will be on soon to ban on you Liverpool folk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

Great result, great match, really enjoyed it. Maby Fergie should try this formation/selection more often;)

Advertisement